Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q95T very reflective even after film removed..

(Topic created on: 01-07-2020 08:57 PM)
ChrisM4
Student
Options

Hi all,

I have recently bought a new Q95T TV and I am mostly very happy with it.

I am however finding that this screen is very reflective.. which is a little disappointing considering this was one of its selling points.

I have already removed the film from the TV but I am still seeing a stippling/mottled reflective which is very annoying! 

Is this normal..? Please see the photos

Any help is greatly appreciated. 20200519_191038.jpg

15899134333251348738597428788394.jpg

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Adakitman
Explorer
Options

Coincidentally I came across this post on AV forums today, not sure if this is what's causing your issue but you never know:-

https://www.avforums.com/threads/sticker-in-the-middle-55q70r.2291204/

ChrisM4
Student
Options
Thanks for this.

I have had a look at this vid but the film is definitely off 😛

I just went out to the bin and found the protective film. It had the blue pull triangle in the top left so it is definitely off.

Have tried going through support but the suggestion of 'wipe it with a cloth' hasn't worked.
I guess I will try again tomorrow with support but thought I'd see here if anyone else noticing something similar.
0 Likes
Adakitman
Explorer
Options
It was worth a try. Hope your issue gets resolved.
0 Likes
aml_
Apprentice
Options

TL: DR thought i was onto something, when actually i may not have been. Don't do anything crazy!

My Q80R still has the film on with the tag in the top corner. Peeling that back a little (not ready to take it off yet) appears to make little difference. I watched the youtube vid above, and then went back to the TV, and there is a second film but it's not at all obvious - and in the realms of 'if it's hard to find you're probably not supposed to find it' - you have to pick at the glass edge. However, once found I peeled a tiny bit back and was stunned by the difference. It didn't feel as sticky as the first protective layer.

Not sure how to explain it. I know this anti reflective coating is a nightmare to keep clean, maybe they leave a layer on there for those that do not need it to be antireflective?, or put on by the glass department ubeknownst to the assembly guys who put on another layer?

(should add, I'm not recommending anyone do it, or being responsible for your actions!)

edit: just peeled the first layer back further than before and actually the reflectivity is quite a bit reduced. chances are I'll leave it without resorting to doing anything with the second layer, for now.  I did also notice this second layer was more obvious in one of the other corners.

Edit2: just poking around the lower corner as the film is split here (there's a thin strip along the bottom ~3mm or so. What it actually looks like is the antireflective screen does not go all the way to the bottom, but it is there. I think actually there may not be a second layer, i may have been peeling just the blue tag and not the actual film earlier. And I wouldn't start hacking the screen apart if I were you!

0 Likes
Beligasse
Apprentice
Options

I had the same issue with my 6595T, I thought there was a second film since the screen was reflective as hell (and it was advertised like anti reflective, the main selling point for me). I literrally destroyed the TV trying to remove it. 2990€ lost ... And I was saving for one year to buy it.

0 Likes
ExpensiveTV
Apprentice
Options
My 75 inch Q95T reflects also a lot. It's worse then my old Panasonic TV. Is there anything I can do about it? I'm totally not happy with this expensive TV
0 Likes
Beligasse
Apprentice
Options

There is nothing to do if you have a windows on the side of the TV ...
Can't believe Samsung adverts this TV as antireflective. I destroyed my 65Q95T thinking there was a filter in front on the panel. 3000€ lost ...

0 Likes
jayh89
Helping Hand
Options

My q85t came with a big sheet to peel off. Exactly like I'm the video above. It needs to come off. It's just there for protection in transport etc. 

0 Likes
bbwest
Journeyman
Options
i had this problem and think it totally ridiculous that samsung cannot answer if there is a film to come off or not there are conflicting out of the box videos and suggestions and conflicting opinion. I sent it back.
0 Likes