Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Q95T issues with HDR 120FPS and somethimes no image or sound with the playstation 5

(Topic created on: 01-01-2021 10:58 PM)
Days
Pioneer
Options

Hi,

I have no HDR in 120 fps in Coldwar, Siege, Dirt5. Dirt5 is also not playable in 120fps mode. The image is dark and the collours not oké.

I have set everything on auto in the playstation 5 and HDR enabled.

I know the LG cx does not have this issue with hdr and 120fps or Dirt5 120fps with a playstation5.

I have the latest firmware.

Also somethimes i have no image on the tv or no sound when booting the playstation5. I have to plug out the power of the tv or the soundbar and it works again, i resetted the tv and the soundbar a couple of times but it just comes back after a couple of times. 

I use the tv q95t and the soundbar q950t with a playstation5.

Does someone else have this issues with no HDR in 120fps or with no image or sound somethimes?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Galaxy_Echo
Explorer
Options

Since the bandwidth of PS5's HDMI 2.1 is limited in 32Gbps, it can only provide 8-bit and 4:2:2 at 4K@120Hz. Samsung TV can't recognize this type of signal as HDR, so there is no HDR in 4K@120fps while playing PS5 on Samsung TV.

View solution in context

9 REPLIES 9
Solution
Galaxy_Echo
Explorer
Options

Since the bandwidth of PS5's HDMI 2.1 is limited in 32Gbps, it can only provide 8-bit and 4:2:2 at 4K@120Hz. Samsung TV can't recognize this type of signal as HDR, so there is no HDR in 4K@120fps while playing PS5 on Samsung TV.

Days
Pioneer
Options

Thanks for your responce. The issue with the sound or no image does anyone have that?

0 Likes
theodorkalin
Journeyman
Options

Screenshot_20210105-082143_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210105-082201_Video Player.jpg

0 Likes
theodorkalin
Journeyman
Options

So the text dissapeared... I have a Q90R tv with Q950T soundbar, ps5 is on hdmi1 on soundbar. at least once a day I have a issue that I get only sound and no picture from my HDMI sources. just shows the device name and icons. Have to restart the tv every time to make it work again. se the pictures above.

A believe this problem started when I got the soundbar, but I am not sure.

Days
Pioneer
Options

It does not happen always on my setup, ps5 in hdmi 4 amd soundbar in hdmi3.

0 Likes
Days
Pioneer
Options
0 Likes
Days
Pioneer
Options

Hi,

The 120fps and HDR does not work yet with ps5 and Q95t. When Will this be Fixed?

geodion
Journeyman
Options

The problem will be fixed with a playstation update, they are aware of that, at least according to Samsung. We been waiting for the new firmware (according to samsung) on March...

0 Likes
geodion
Journeyman
Options

Since yesterday's  ps5 firmware update , hdr is supported on 4K@120hz.

I tested ot on. R6 Siege - Cold War Black ops. Dirt issues are fixed. 

0 Likes