Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q95T cannot turn on Denon AVR

(Topic created on: 16-01-2021 11:15 AM)
JKJohn
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

My 65'' Q95T cannot turn on my Denon AVR6300H.AV Receiver. Every time the TV turns on sound coming through TV speakers and the AVR is turned off. e-ARC on or off does not make any deference. CEC turned on on AVR too. There wasn't any problem with my previous Samsung 65'' KS8000 TV. Now every time i have to go to settings > sound output > change TV speakers to Receiver(HDMI-eARC) to turn AVR on. Current TV software version T-NKMDEUC-1460.9. Help much appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
MarkyMcfly
First Poster
Options

Same here. Just set up a 85”Q70T with a
Denon AVR-X4200W.  Wasted hours on this changing every setting one by one on amp and TV. I have used this amp on a Sony and a recently prematurely expired LG Oled (hence went Samsung this time ), up to now with no issues previously. Software updated on TV and amp. Exactly the same as JKJohns post . I have to use the Samsung remote to select “receiver HDMI” in sound settings every time the TV sis powered on; this will then switch the amp on . All powers off fine. Also phantomly powers up a PS5 connected to the amp at random and I have turned HDMI control “off” on the PS5! I have exhausted everything. Swapped cables checked and rechecked and retried all settings. Did you have any joy JKJohn? It must be a signalling problem on the TV. Source switching volume and power off all work fine, just the power on. Too confusing for the family so if I am not there they will be using the inbuilt speakers. I thought all HDMI devices used common protocolols? Obviously not Samsung?

0 Likes
JKJohn
Journeyman
Options
looks like all 2020 Samsung TV's are downgraded version of 2019 TV's and all having problems. As expected Samsung don't care, they busy building 2021 TV'S.
fran1996
Explorer
Options

Hi so bassically I had chat with samsung support and its all a SCAM! They dont want you to buy anything but samsung products and they say that they cant guarantee products that are not samsung to work with Samsung tvs…. Dont buy samsung anymore go LG or Sony they work for sure

33C470BA-709B-4A71-B8FD-2CE49BAE1253.png

0 Likes