Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q95T and E-arc and Atmos - issues....

(Topic created on: 18-06-2020 05:02 PM)
Mike2020
Explorer
Options

Hi Everyone, I have had the Q95T and Sonos Arc both delivered today.

Could play music back from the arc but no sound from the tv.

I have just come off the phone to Sonos after over an hour and after many many diagnostics, thereappears to be an issue with the E-ARC on the TV, the TV does not want to send signals to the Sonos when E-ARC is enabled on the TV. When you turn it off, you get sound via the TV, and on Certain movies via Netflix/Disney and Amazon - Dolby Atmos is detected but as a DD+ signal so not E-arc - just standard arc.

Sonos Engineers are engaged on this and are investigating. Samsung need to look into this urgently as it was the sole reason I purchased this tv. Very dissapointing at the moment but sure its a firmware fix. 1115 is my version of firmware.

15 REPLIES 15
Jcarthy16
First Poster
Options

I am also suffering t he same issue, however I am using a B&O Beosound Stage, it is incredibly frustrating. Removing and re-seating the HDMI cable has in some instances worked, as has changing the resolution back to 1080p on the Sky Q box. It makes no sense to be for it to work sometimes, but not others.

0 Likes
Erik_The_Viking
Student
Options

How soon? Was just about to send my Q95T back...

0 Likes
NiclasA
First Poster
Options

What's the latest news from Samsung? 

Same problem here with 2 new The Frame 2020 and 2 new Bang & Olufsen Beosound Stage with Atmos. Atmos works fine with 2 old Apple TV's but not with Samsung Smart TV, if it can be called that. Why isn't there an update yet? Would be an easy fix but probable it won't work at all with the 2020 models? Every year a new version/model is released with a new Smart TV platform, why don't they make better platforms that can be updated? The only reason I bought 2020 The Frame was because of the e-arc and now this dosen't work. Have anyone here been in contact with Samsung recently? And why can't anyone get a good answer? 

0 Likes
Jcarthy16
First Poster
Options

I spoke to Samsung yesterday, I had quite the rant. I was told that a fix is in development and that they acknowledge it as a known fault. They would not however say when the update will be released. 

0 Likes
KyzerDa3rd
First Poster
Options

Still waiting for the release you mentioned.

0 Likes
Kissglobal
First Poster
Options
Hi All.
Mine just stopped working from one day to another...just got off the phone with Samsung,they will call me back...using qe55q95t w q800t.
software is 1497
0 Likes