Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q95T and E-arc and Atmos - issues....

(Topic created on: 09-07-2020 02:37 PM)
Mike2020
Explorer
Options

Hi Everyone, I have had the Q95T and Sonos Arc both delivered today.

Could play music back from the arc but no sound from the tv.

I have just come off the phone to Sonos after over an hour and after many many diagnostics, thereappears to be an issue with the E-ARC on the TV, the TV does not want to send signals to the Sonos when E-ARC is enabled on the TV. When you turn it off, you get sound via the TV, and on Certain movies via Netflix/Disney and Amazon - Dolby Atmos is detected but as a DD+ signal so not E-arc - just standard arc.

Sonos Engineers are engaged on this and are investigating. Samsung need to look into this urgently as it was the sole reason I purchased this tv. Very dissapointing at the moment but sure its a firmware fix. 1115 is my version of firmware.

15 REPLIES 15
dogsdanglers
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have exactly the same issue!

I also seem to have lip sync issue since I changed the TV  - I had the Sonos Arc connected via the regular ARC port on my previous Samsung with no noticable issues? It only seems to do it on the HD channels which seems odd?

Steve

0 Likes
Mike2020
Explorer
Options

It seems on research and from posts on the Sonos forums that any Samsung TV with a one connect box is having issues with eARC. Hopefully Samsung can investigate further.

0 Likes
Mike2020
Explorer
Options

Feedback from Sonos

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the information.

The behavior you have reported and have experienced has already been notified directly to Samsung developers for further investigation. 

Sonos and Samsung engineers are working together to get this issue resolved as soon as possible.

- Once there is an update, we will make sure to notify the affected customers.

Thanks again.

With best regards,

Olivier H.
Sonos | Customer Care | Contact Us
0 Likes
hermh62
First Poster
Options
I hope to hear the solution for this ASAP. I was so happy this afternoon installing my new TV the Q95T65 and Sonos ARC, but mine temper and happiness are low and gone. Is there any expectation when this problem is solved.

I'm hoping for a positive response.

Greetings Herman
0 Likes
veej
First Poster
Options

Shamsung are aware if this issue it effects the 2018/2019 Qled models as the tv can not decode the dolby algorithm. You will need to purchase a separate av reciever to decode dolby. Samsung will not amit or fix this fault. My complaint was escalated to Samsung HQ and their dinal response "that the issue being reported would be due to a Dolby processing algorithm that cannot be adjusted any further through Samsung."

If you need to complain the highest point of contact to email is ******* it'll save you hours ob the phone and if they recieve enough complaints maybe they will fix this ongoing issue.

0 Likes
veej
First Poster
Options

ha they starred out the email address

*U*k.pre*sident@s*amsung.c*om*

0 Likes
Jogaff
Student
Options

I am also experiencing these issues. I have emailed so fingers crossed we get a response soon. 

0 Likes
MrBenLogan
Apprentice
Options

Also done, for what it's worth. I just want to know if a fix is coming, that's all....

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi all!

Some good news on this! The issue has been identified and a fix will be included in the next Software release.