Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Q950ts 65" earc sound issue - Popping/Clipping sound on Audio Sync

(Topic created on: 30-12-2020 09:58 PM)
Micheal_Knight
Pioneer
Options
TV

Hello all, does anyone else have a setup where by they use the earc system to transfer audio to their AV amplifier? 

If I switch HDMI earc to Auto in the menu system there is a horrible popping clipping sound when the audio tries to sync. This can be heard at all levels, changing programmes on Samsung TV, browsing Netflix movies and even when watching a Blu Ray via earc.

If the HDMI earc is set to off utilising the normal ARC then the audio is fine. There are no pops or clicks.

The problem with this is switching HDMI to off means you cannot pass through the hi resolution audio codecs like Dolby Atmos.

If you have had similar issues id love to hear from you.

Thanks.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
PaperGeneral
First Poster
Options
TV

I had been having audio dropout and glitches using eARC on my new Q90T and had been disabling it as you describe to avoid this. I did find something that appears to have fixed eARC for me though. Go to Settings -> Sound -> Expert Settings,  and set Digital Output Audio Format from Auto to Pass-Through.

0 Likes
Micheal_Knight
Pioneer
Options
TV

Thanks for commenting, I’ve tried everything even what you have suggested but there is no stable outcome.

I’m waiting for a call from support in the new year so I do hope that Samsung can fix this.

For now though, earc will remain off for me.

Whitrobi
First Poster
Options
TV

I have the same popping issue using eARC. I have a 65 inch Q70T using HDMIeArc for sound output into an eArc capable AV receiver. I purchased new high end HDMI cable and it did not help. Also, I’m unable to set the HDMI eArc mode to “pass through” as someone mentioned. What’s going on Samsung?

0 Likes
Micheal_Knight
Pioneer
Options
TV

I’ve pretty much given up on the eARC issue, it’s impossible to get to the right person to speak to so I guess I just have to wait until Samsung release another firmware update. Samsung also do not show the release notes so we have no idea what’s in the updates.

You’ll only get pass through if you have an external player connected to the one connect box. Pass I not available with the in built apps.

0 Likes