Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q950T Universal Remote, Control of Sky Q

(Topic created on: 10-10-2020 10:47 AM)
twuk
Pioneer
Options

Hi,

We’ve recently upgraded our TV to the Q950, and I’ve been trying to get the remote working with Sky Q.  Whilst I’ve managed to get the remote to control channel up/down, I can’t seem to get any of the other Sky functions to work.  Crucially in order to retire our other remotes, I need to be able to reach the Sky menu (for access to Guide, Recordings).  Has anyone figured out a way to make this work?

For what it’s worth, I’ve tried deleting the Sky device from Universal Remote settings (multiple times) and re-adding it, based upon other similar threads (albeit all relating to earlier models).  I’ve also tried manually searching for the Sky Q box model, testing with various types I’ve found online (‘Sky Q 2TB Silver’, ‘Cisco’ models, etc.).

Would really like to be able to just use the TV’s own remote exclusively, so any pointers much appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Hi,
Try youtube as it helped me when changing the sky q remote
0 Likes
twuk
Pioneer
Options

Further update as I now think I can see why 'reconfiguring' isn't working, and also why there aren't many other complaints of this issue.

The unique factor with us is that the OneConnect box is inside a cabinet, and the Sky Q box is outside the cabinet.  This was working before today, so however it was configured before I suspect the Samsung universal remote was actually sending IR.  In the current configuration, it appears the OneConnect is sending the IR, as if I open the cabinet door (containing the One Connect) it starts working again.

How does one via the Universal Remote configuration wizard, tell it to send the IR from the smart remote and not from the OneConnect box?

0 Likes