Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q950 EARC

(Topic created on: 12-05-2020 11:43 AM)
Larry73
Explorer
Options

Having recently received the Q90R update thats supposed to enable EARC, im still unable to make use of it because the TV doesnt have the capability.

Maybe i am doing something wrong but the TV cannot even pass through 5.1 from a device connected to the One Connect box.

Ive read online that other brand TVs are now able to enjoy this feature when connected to a Samsung soundbar.

0 Likes
37 REPLIES 37
Larry73
Explorer
Options

Should be all the one connect box models, not seen anything about any of the others. Trying not to get my hopes up too much but fingers crossed.

thutch
Navigator
Options
Thanks for the video link, much appreciated! I hope that they also mean the Q950R as he only mentioned the 80/90R - but like you said all the ones with one connect boxes which is great 👍👍
0 Likes
NorthernProphet
Journeyman
Options

Fingers crossed! 😄

0 Likes
NorthernProphet
Journeyman
Options

Assuming there's been no update just yet?

0 Likes
Larry73
Explorer
Options

No nothing yet, been checking it manually and nothing.

0 Likes
NorthernProphet
Journeyman
Options
Cool, my TV is getting wall mounted on Monday so just checking the state of play.
0 Likes
rozel
Voyager
Options
Yes, glad I bumped into this thread - like @NorthernProphet , my new Q950R (75") is getting wall mounted tomorrow, after I have positioned the no-gap mount on the wall later today. My receiver was updated to eARC last year so really I need this Samsung update soon : -) - anyone have a date yet? Never bothered about ARC let alone eARC before now as my previous TV was a KS9500 and its native apps would not produce HDR-HLG, so have been using a Roku and an Amazon Fire TV 4K stick. I'd like to ditch these. In the meantime, I see there's a lot of confusion about which port on the One Connect is the ARC one - some say port 1, some say port 4 - my box says port 3 lol. Anyone able to confirm before I accept port 3? as I need to rig the wiring. Not sure exactly how it works but I've left a question on my Yamaha receiver's forum.
0 Likes
thutch
Navigator
Options
Hi. Q950 75 user here too... my One Connect has ARC down on HDMI 3
NorthernProphet
Journeyman
Options

Yeah mine is clearly marked but I can't check at the minute. 

Siguru1
First Poster
Options

Im also hoping for eARC for the 950r.

I have a HW-Q96r and it is currently updated but not the tv.

0 Likes