Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q950 EARC

(Topic created on: 02-06-2020 02:45 PM)
Larry73
Explorer
Options

Having recently received the Q90R update thats supposed to enable EARC, im still unable to make use of it because the TV doesnt have the capability.

Maybe i am doing something wrong but the TV cannot even pass through 5.1 from a device connected to the One Connect box.

Ive read online that other brand TVs are now able to enjoy this feature when connected to a Samsung soundbar.

0 Likes
37 REPLIES 37
thutch
Navigator
Options

Hi

Is there an update on this at all for eARC support for the Q950R/2019 models?

NorthernProphet
Journeyman
Options

I'd also like to know, just bought one on the understanding this was a feature :face-with-rolling-eyes:

thutch
Navigator
Options
An update on eARC support would be amazing... not holding breath however
0 Likes
Gaz09
Journeyman
Options
I believed the rumours that earc would be coming when the 2.1 HDMI update was rolled out hence thinking I had future proofed as well as I could of but I’m concerned Samsung are happy to sit behind LG/Sony on the audio front
0 Likes
thutch
Navigator
Options
I’m hoping CV19 has meant there has been a delay. When I challenge someone at Samsung I was simple told “we never committed to that” and pretty much fobbed me off. Not been impressed by their customer service...
0 Likes
Gaz09
Journeyman
Options
How can they rollout the earc update to sound bars but not to their tv line which cost thousands more. Basically if you don’t purchase a Samsung soundbar you are screwed if you want Atmos from an Xbox etc
0 Likes
Larry73
Explorer
Options

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O_fiUJlcoO8&feature=youtu.be

I've heard it was delayed due to covid and is due mid july. Check the above out around the 1:21 mark.

NorthernProphet
Journeyman
Options

Great, thanks for that..... hopefully soon then!

0 Likes
Gaz09
Journeyman
Options

Oooo that's good news, cheers.

Guessing if the q90 was mentioned that means the q950r too then 🙂

0 Likes