Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q95 backlight bleed

(Topic created on: 20-04-2022 06:04 PM)
Angelkr
First Poster
Options

Just wanted to share with the community...

My old q80r got replaced by local chain store and official partner of Samsung. They gave me the q95td with the one connect box.

My TV arrived on January 28th, Friday. On Saturday I see that the panel suffers backlight bleed on 3 corners and bottom middle. I contact Samsung directly, and long story short, after their tech takes the TV away and runs his tests, they tell me that the TV is performing within it's specs.

I said I find this unacceptable for a company of their magnitude and for a model that was considered top of its line on 2020. But the lady who called me kept saying the same thing.

I asked for the pictures that their professional took but I was denied. So here are mine.

Really disappointed in Samsung... One of the reasons they got my money is because I had faith in their customer service.

20220130_025549.jpg

20220130_025455.jpg

12 REPLIES 12
CRS_N
Student
Options

This is unacceptable for a flagship Qled display to consider that this symptom is under specs. My q80 has no backlight bleeding at all and the black uniformity is better than your first picture. This is a qled panel malfunction for sure! 

ZBOgaming
Voyager
Options

It is normal on the q95td because it uses an IPS panel. The biggest advantage of IPS is:

.very sharp fast movements

.no black smearing (like on VA)

.no ghosting (like on VA)

.richer colors

Disadvantages are bad native contrast/ blueish black and IPS glow more obviously bleeding like here.

But on the q95td this ips panel look very good and can go deep black thanks to the 98 dimming zones.  The flashlights on the bottom are the only downsize. If there is a brighter light near the bottom or a very bright a bit higher you will notice it. 

For all people that searching for it! It is normal. On my panel it look very identic to that nealy 1:1.

Beside of that the Panel look amazing. Speacially for colors and gaming. So the q95td version is better for gaming because of ips. It can also produce good contrast for movies with the sideeffect that the flashlights shows up from time to time more or less. 

The only thing you can so is to "clean" the panel" on the bottom from left to right and then from right to left and up to make it "evenly".

0 Likes
nikosmpd
Apprentice
Options

Hello friend, from Samsung they reassured me that q95td has VA panel. If what you are saying is true this is unacceptable.

0 Likes
ZBOgaming
Voyager
Options

here in europe the q95td (newer version) is an ADS panel. i like the ads more even if it has lower native contrast ratio. Maybe in your region it is VA. If it´s not the Q95TD, than it will have also VA in europe (Q95TCT).

0 Likes
nikosmpd
Apprentice
Options

Hello friend, my region is Europe too, Greece. My TV is Q95TD and Samsung Greece, Samsung UK and Samsung Germany reassured me that it is a VA panel. I dont know what to say

0 Likes
nikosmpd
Apprentice
Options

280737463_539549474277531_6730913806650947007_n.jpg280971461_801181724202018_1055073072605673652_n.jpg

I have just bought my Q95TD and noticed these two spots. They are barely 1mm and not visible when i am sitting on my couch. You can see them only when you are nearly 20cm close to screen. Thunder bugs or something else? Any thoughts how can i remove them? They are located near bottom bezels (about 1cm from bezel)

0 Likes
ZBOgaming
Voyager
Options

On my QN90A i have also have some of these (also ADS BOE). It will not change over time. If the rest of the panel is okay and you are happy with the picture, i would stay with it. A replacement is not worth because after that you need a calibration (colorimeter which costs also 100+ money).  Also the clouding on the bottom of the TV is normal (i had the q95td before).

Look to challenging movies and if you can live with the clouding, stay, if not, only OLED is the way. 

I can see "templates" of these issues i do not think this type of problems are bugs. Maybe some residues from the manufacturing.

IMG_20220519_130727.jpg

nikosmpd
Apprentice
Options

Thought i was the only one with those "marks" on my panel but i googled it and found many other people. Now i can see yours too. I can live with that, picture is perfect and these marks are not visible at all so i will stay with my tv for now. Thanks a lot

0 Likes
nikosmpd
Apprentice
Options

I am also sure that these are debris that have been left inside glass during manufacturing . Samsungs quality control is awfull 

0 Likes