Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q90T TV table top stand fitting

(Topic created on: 28-03-2021 05:40 PM)
Nitin9
Student
Options

Hello,

My Q90T TV was delivered yesterday. After I fit the stand, I see that the plastic component of stand is not flush with the back of the TV at the middle. It doesn't look like it is supposed to be but I tried again and the screws provided are fully in and won't go in anymore. The TV moves slightly (1-2 inches) when held and shook.

Can anyone advise this on this please. 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

That doesn't sound right, @Nitin9. Does it look as though there's space for the back of the stand to fit flush with the TV?

0 Likes
Nitin9
Student
Options
no, there isn't any space on the sides, where the screws to attach to the TV are located. The center of the stand is bowing in the middle. Not sure if the stand plastic part is defective. Picture attached.

20210225_183006_34551.jpg

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Where did you buy the TV from? Have you spoken to the retailer regarding this?

0 Likes
Nitin9
Student
Options

I bought it from the Samsung UK eStore. I have emailed them asking about this. Is there a phone number I can reach them at?

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Nitin9: If you'd like to reach out to our Online Shop then please call 0330 726 7467, and an advisor will be on hand to assist you further. 

0 Likes
Q90T QLED TV
First Poster
Options

Q90T TV is supplied with a very heavy metal table stand with a separate plastic and metal bracket which is secured with 4 screws to the stand, and the same size screws are supplied for the attachment of the bracket to the TV.  These screws are too short by nearly 1cm and do not form a safe join to support the TV.  Twice when we tried to move the TV it lurched forward.  We were very lucky to have not had the whole TV detach itself and crash onto the ground.  For the sake of 4cm of screw length, the design of the plastic bracket and these screws is so inferior to the brilliant TV they support, and the very solid heavy metal foot it sits on.  We were extremely lucky to have a qualified engineer present who had a look at it, and lifting the TV onto two chairs with cushions the foot literally fell off.  He cut new screws and attached it more solidly.  A slither of plastic and an insert for one of the retaining slots fell off the TV indicating more design issues with this bracket.  Samsung need to be alerted, this is a product recall level issue.  If we tried to fix it ourselves we would not have had any way to stand the TV up (the engineer came up with the very brilliant idea: use the packaging slotted polystyrene which we had kept).  It is really important to retain the packaging for this TV.  

Nitin9
Student
Options
Thank you. There definitely seems to be a problem with the plastic bracket in terms of firmly securing it to the TV. We raised this to Samsung and they sent us a replacement TV. setting up the new TV, we faced the same issue. I don't really know how this issue can be addressed. Did you get an engineer out from Samsung to look at this issue and rectify with custom screws?
0 Likes