Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q90T/Q95T : Purple Ghosting (even with firmware 1460.9)

(Topic created on: 28-09-2020 05:44 AM)
BogaMoge
Pathfinder
Options

Hey everyone...

So I have a question about Inverse Ghosting on my 55Q90T while playing on a PS4 Pro and a PS3 (I don't have a PC or a Xbox to test another hardware).
Since update 1460,9 (and after multiple factory reset) :

• no more inverse ghosting on Game Mode (Game Motion Plus OFF), but the picture quality is not what I expect from that TV (light color banding, very bad local dimming and weird dirty screen effects)
  • inverse ghosting on Game Mode (Game Motion Plus ON), but some of the worse consequences of Game Mode are less evident
  • inverse ghosting present in any other picture mode outside Game Mode (Standard/Movie/Filmmaker), but of course with a lot better picture quality all around.

So, my thing is I'm not strict about response time. Unless I'm playing a competitive online shooter or fighter, I don't really notice the difference. So I would like to enjoy the better picture quality of the picture modes outside Game Mode, but the inverse ghosting (especially in dark games or during night time in open world games) is unbearable.

What is worrying me is that as far as I know most people don't have any inverse ghosting issue after the 1304 patch.
Just to be clear, my "ghosting" looks like a purple silhouette that appears in front of dark objects on light(er) backgrounds when camera panning.

I thought maybe my panel was faulty, but then why would it go away with the patch in Game Mode? Also, the weird thing is that, sometimes, while tinkering with the settings, the ghosting goes away for just a little bit, and then comes back for whatever reason (without me changing anything).

Some games that will immediately show me inverse ghosting :

• Assassin's Creed Odyssey (HDR) : go to a temple by night an camera pan looking at the columns
  • Red Dead Redemption 2 (HDR) : by night, look at the trees
  • Ashen : inside a dark cave, look at stone columns
  • Watch_Dogs 2 : by night, look at the trees in a park
  • Dark Souls Remastered : first bonfire in Undead Burg, stand next the bonfire and look at the exit
  • Call of Duty - Infinite Warfare  : asteroids in space missions

Thanks for anyone who can help, I'm at a loss here!

124 REPLIES 124
BogaMoge
Pathfinder
Options

Bad luck... See if this method gives you at least a temporary fix to the issue.  (look at the pinned comment to see an alternative method).

But please, complain officially to Samsung. The more users do, the more realistic it becomes they'll do something about it.

0 Likes
Cerativ
Explorer
Options

Nothing seems to help. I deactivated 120 fps mode, turned off VRR and HDR and now I do not have ghosting. Too bad that I turned off all the technology Samsung is praising.
In my case it looks like this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIJilB0yolU

Bad news for us mate. I have just contanted Samsung via online chat, sent your and mine films and consultat stated that he does not see any problem ;O They simply ignore it and say to us that they don't see anything

BogaMoge
Pathfinder
Options

Yep same as me, everything is "normal" and "within specs". I have still some glimmer of hope that my retailer will see the light and will agree to give me a refund or and exchange, but it's my last hope. If not, there is no other choice than an official, legal complaint...

0 Likes
Tv52
Pioneer
Options

Here I uploaded two videos with Q80T and XBOX Series X showing some weird stuff. Today I issued complain to Samsung will see the results.

BogaMoge
Pathfinder
Options

Good luck mate, I hope Samsung support will be better wherever you are than in my country. Here, they wouldn't even look at the videos. They'd do their bullsh**t remote picture test and say everything is fine, no need to even send a tech...

0 Likes
Katoro
Journeyman
Options

Does that method work for you on game mode? I mostly play shooters and huge delay is an issue on movie mode. I Tried doing it and so far no luck.

BogaMoge
Pathfinder
Options

Well, generally in Game Mode I don't have any ghosting (but I know of other users that have exactly the opposite issue as mine, and apparently so do you), but while I'm doing the switching between modes, sometimes the ghosting in Game Mode comes back (but never as heavy as in Movie Mode).

Have you tried the "cold reboot" method? While playing your game (in whatever mode you want) press and hold the On/Off button on your remote until you see a Qled logo on the screen, then let the tv reboot itself (just make sure your console is not link to the tv with HDMI-CEC so that it doesn't turn itself off with the tv).

Repeat as needed if it doesn't work the first time. It has the same effect for me as the switching between modes method, but is a bit more convenient, and who knows, it may work for your issue.

0 Likes
Tv52
Pioneer
Options

I see you are from Belgium. You can always use "Ombudsman" (at least in the German speaking part) they are usually quite helpfull :smiling-face:  

0 Likes
Days
Pioneer
Options

Hi, 

I have the q95t and a playstation5, also have purple collours when gaming in gamemotion plus and in led clear motion. Also have ghosting then.

Tv52
Pioneer
Options

I reported this issue to Samsung and got response that this TV is not compatibile with XBox and this is not their problem.

0 Likes