Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q90T/Q95T : Purple Ghosting (even with firmware 1460.9)

(Topic created on: 22-07-2021 01:21 AM)
BogaMoge
Pathfinder
Options

Hey everyone...

So I have a question about Inverse Ghosting on my 55Q90T while playing on a PS4 Pro and a PS3 (I don't have a PC or a Xbox to test another hardware).
Since update 1460,9 (and after multiple factory reset) :

• no more inverse ghosting on Game Mode (Game Motion Plus OFF), but the picture quality is not what I expect from that TV (light color banding, very bad local dimming and weird dirty screen effects)
  • inverse ghosting on Game Mode (Game Motion Plus ON), but some of the worse consequences of Game Mode are less evident
  • inverse ghosting present in any other picture mode outside Game Mode (Standard/Movie/Filmmaker), but of course with a lot better picture quality all around.

So, my thing is I'm not strict about response time. Unless I'm playing a competitive online shooter or fighter, I don't really notice the difference. So I would like to enjoy the better picture quality of the picture modes outside Game Mode, but the inverse ghosting (especially in dark games or during night time in open world games) is unbearable.

What is worrying me is that as far as I know most people don't have any inverse ghosting issue after the 1304 patch.
Just to be clear, my "ghosting" looks like a purple silhouette that appears in front of dark objects on light(er) backgrounds when camera panning.

I thought maybe my panel was faulty, but then why would it go away with the patch in Game Mode? Also, the weird thing is that, sometimes, while tinkering with the settings, the ghosting goes away for just a little bit, and then comes back for whatever reason (without me changing anything).

Some games that will immediately show me inverse ghosting :

• Assassin's Creed Odyssey (HDR) : go to a temple by night an camera pan looking at the columns
  • Red Dead Redemption 2 (HDR) : by night, look at the trees
  • Ashen : inside a dark cave, look at stone columns
  • Watch_Dogs 2 : by night, look at the trees in a park
  • Dark Souls Remastered : first bonfire in Undead Burg, stand next the bonfire and look at the exit
  • Call of Duty - Infinite Warfare  : asteroids in space missions

Thanks for anyone who can help, I'm at a loss here!

124 REPLIES 124
Days
Pioneer
Options

Hi,

i still have purple ghosting with gamemotion plus on PlayStation 5.

i have Q95t 85inch with last update 

0 Likes
gontos
Student
Options

Hi there, I know I am not an owner of a flagship tv or an expensive one as the most here, but I own the Q60R (firmware 1381.2) and I have kinda like this problem, like green ghosting, in some games, witcher 3, cs go, etc... I will attach the link to the youtube video, its not perfect, but you can see the problem in the wood.... TV is connected to PC. Problem happens only with input signal plus on (120hz). When its off its ok but cant go beyond 60hz...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDM2En4AaG4

0 Likes
Selfscience
Apprentice
Options

Yeah man , got the same green colors on my too , it was a new firmware , not fixed the problem is still there. Im waiting 3months for samsung enginers to reply , case is still open , no solution yet , it is the last my samsung tv.

gontos
Student
Options

Probably its a hardware thing and cant be fixed via firmware update.... maybe thats why they will not repply, cause its a thing they can't solve...

0 Likes
Selfscience
Apprentice
Options

I watched a lot of stuf about monitors ghosting , problem is with the panel , va panels are more prom to ghosting , cause pixels are slower , so they use voltage spikes to switch pixels faster, but what can i say when samsungs results are so bad... phatetic may say, samsungs support is a joke. My has ghosting on 60hz mode too, what is strage my fridnd has same tv , 90T only 55inch , i was testing my pc on his tv , and it has no green ghosting on wood , i tested same maps , same places , it has very small ghosting in dar places but it is dark purple color , and you mus look for it... 

0 Likes
gontos
Student
Options

Well, I think Samsung should give users control over the aggressiveness of the overdrive, like some monitors do… something like low, medium, high… 

0 Likes
Rauttis
Explorer
Options

That's what the blur reduction setting does, the higher it is the more overdrive is applied. Sadly even with it set to off the overdrive is still too aggressive with some colors.

0 Likes
Selfscience
Apprentice
Options

Yup , but they dont , they even dont coment nothing when you contact their support.

0 Likes
gontos
Student
Options

Hello there, did you replace the panel? And if so, did it fix the problem? Thanks 

0 Likes
El_Sattchmo
Explorer
Options

I still get random email from this forum post, makes me sad people are still having these issues. I returned my TV, it was hard to do, but luckily I did. Changing the panel will do nothing, this ghosting is what happens with VA panels, and the inverted ghosting is what happens when Samsung tries to remove it with sub optimal firmware creating overdrive artifacts. Samsung will never admit it's an issue, and to be honest it was a massive uphill battle to get the retailer to refund me. I'm just lucky I live in Australia, and we have excellent consumer rights. For what it's worth, I bit the bullet and got an LG OLED, good luck everyone on here trying to find answers. GGWP Samsung.