Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q90T/Q95T : Purple Ghosting (even with firmware 1460.9)

(Topic created on: 01-04-2021 09:33 AM)
BogaMoge
Pathfinder
Options

Hey everyone...

So I have a question about Inverse Ghosting on my 55Q90T while playing on a PS4 Pro and a PS3 (I don't have a PC or a Xbox to test another hardware).
Since update 1460,9 (and after multiple factory reset) :

• no more inverse ghosting on Game Mode (Game Motion Plus OFF), but the picture quality is not what I expect from that TV (light color banding, very bad local dimming and weird dirty screen effects)
  • inverse ghosting on Game Mode (Game Motion Plus ON), but some of the worse consequences of Game Mode are less evident
  • inverse ghosting present in any other picture mode outside Game Mode (Standard/Movie/Filmmaker), but of course with a lot better picture quality all around.

So, my thing is I'm not strict about response time. Unless I'm playing a competitive online shooter or fighter, I don't really notice the difference. So I would like to enjoy the better picture quality of the picture modes outside Game Mode, but the inverse ghosting (especially in dark games or during night time in open world games) is unbearable.

What is worrying me is that as far as I know most people don't have any inverse ghosting issue after the 1304 patch.
Just to be clear, my "ghosting" looks like a purple silhouette that appears in front of dark objects on light(er) backgrounds when camera panning.

I thought maybe my panel was faulty, but then why would it go away with the patch in Game Mode? Also, the weird thing is that, sometimes, while tinkering with the settings, the ghosting goes away for just a little bit, and then comes back for whatever reason (without me changing anything).

Some games that will immediately show me inverse ghosting :

• Assassin's Creed Odyssey (HDR) : go to a temple by night an camera pan looking at the columns
  • Red Dead Redemption 2 (HDR) : by night, look at the trees
  • Ashen : inside a dark cave, look at stone columns
  • Watch_Dogs 2 : by night, look at the trees in a park
  • Dark Souls Remastered : first bonfire in Undead Burg, stand next the bonfire and look at the exit
  • Call of Duty - Infinite Warfare  : asteroids in space missions

Thanks for anyone who can help, I'm at a loss here!

124 REPLIES 124
Cerativ
Explorer
Options

Lol, wtf? That's a big lie

0 Likes
Tv52
Pioneer
Options

Yes I was telling to them that they even advertise this with with XBOX Series X images and keep telling in ads that it is best for gaming but nothing. They circle with "This TV in not compatible with XBOX and we can't do anything about it". Like talking with the wall. Maybe in your country you will be more lucky.

0 Likes
El_Sattchmo
Explorer
Options

You need to escalate it beyond Samsung or the retailer, not sure what country you are from, but most places have a governed body that establishes consumer rules and obligations. Search for that,do some reading, take some notes,and when you find something, tell the retailer or samsung (depending on your research) that you are going to escalate it unless they provide a refund. If they do nothing, escalate it.

0 Likes
El_Sattchmo
Explorer
Options

I would also get a transcript of a conversation or an email (proof) that they have stated it's not compatible, and find marketing materials for the TV that state or show it being used with the Xbox.

0 Likes
Tv52
Pioneer
Options

Thanks for advices. I've spoked once again with Samsung after sending them the stuff you mentioned and today I got technician who took the TV and said they will replace the panel. Will see it this changes anything.

0 Likes
JH01
First Poster
Options

I’m having this same issue, it’s definitely not my screen as I had it replaced recently. I’m using series X and have tested a few tv modes. Enhanced seems to help a bit. Just started to notice it on AC odyssey. However in some tv programs I notice it in dark areas. Not ideal as it’s not a cheap tv 

0 Likes
Members_Qw2RHER
First Poster
Options

Hi all,

I'm having the same issue of heavy purple ghosting on all HDR movies via TV apps such as Netflix Apple TV etc (check below screenshots) on my 55" q95t

The only way to get rid of them is to press and hold the power on the remote until I see the qled logo and the tv reboots. The problem is that when I turn off the tv and later try to watch something else it's there again.... so I can only imagine that it's a sw issue...

20210317_190247.mp4_snapshot_00.10.jpg20210317_190247.mp4_snapshot_00.00.jpg

0 Likes
Selfscience
Apprentice
Options

I got a 65 inch , 90T few days ago , my i csurrent on 1497 software ant still has terrible ghosting in game mode , i have a friend , that has as 55 inch 90T , and he has no problems in same game as i do , but he has an older firmware , still on 1460. I will take my pc to him tomorrow , and i will check it out , so far im very mad at samsung , fr such bad things in game mode, i had 2 samsung tvs before, KS7000, and 85R , none of them had such problems in game mode. 

this is video link to my ghosting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wqADNaMpr4&ab_channel=DariusBalzekas

0 Likes
Rauttis
Explorer
Options

Looks pretty much identical to the green ghosting I get on my Q80T. Turning game motion plus off changes the green ghosting to white which is a bit less distracting, but without game motion plus you get considerably more blooming, so there's really no winning here.

I've also complained to samsung support about this, they ended up replacing both the panel and the motherboard in my TV, which didn't fix anything.

I wouldn't trust samsung to ever fix this via firmware, if this issue bothers you and you can still get your money back, that's what I'd do personally.

0 Likes
Selfscience
Apprentice
Options

I do play on pc , i cant switch game motion plus on , its grey out, plus as i know game motion plus cuts 120hz to only 60hz and increase input lag, so its solution.

0 Likes