Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q90T HDMI2.1 certification

(Topic created on: 13-11-2020 03:38 PM)
Supermotolew
Apprentice
Options

Id really like samsung to officially list the HDMI specs is it 2.0 or 2.1 i cannot see it under specifications it seems odd they would ommit this unless they have not yet got 2.1 certification from HDMI?. The uk largest retailer for this kind of product lists the specification as 2.0 so i would really want conformation from samsung support that 2.1 has now been certified before dropping a decent amount of cash on my Q90T.

The supports so far been pretty dissapointing regarding this clarification for  a high end TV and its a pretty normal and relevent specification to list i presume especially with the upcoming consoles.

Possibly this feature has been amended in an OTA firmware realese but i cant see any documentation to support certification or even partial compliance with the standard ? maybe im just missing the patch notes for the latest FW realese and retailers specification lists have not caught up.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
DUMITRU79
Troubleshooter
Options
0 Likes
Supermotolew
Apprentice
Options

Many thanks for the link, thats why ive been confused some sites say yes some say no and samsung dont say anything at all i was hoping they could give official clarification seems odd not to have it listed in there own specs.

0 Likes
DUMITRU79
Troubleshooter
Options
Well , you could start a live chat wit someone from Samsung. That's my preferred method.
0 Likes
DUMITRU79
Troubleshooter
Options
0 Likes
Supermotolew
Apprentice
Options

Yep that the first thing i did aparently it was too specalist knoledge and needed to be reffered since then no reply back tried twice now.

0 Likes
DUMITRU79
Troubleshooter
Options
What is the current firmware on your TV and exact model ?
0 Likes
Supermotolew
Apprentice
Options

i was hoping to purchase the 65 inch Q90T today if i could clear up this specification confusion i read online 2.1 but the store online today said 2.0 only hence my confusuion

0 Likes
DUMITRU79
Troubleshooter
Options
It does not specify on Samsung's shop website. If i were in your shoes , i would prefer to buy it " hands on " if you know what i mean.... Then you can ask all what you can think of or even test it yourself. I got one a year ago ( not the Q90T ) from Currys . Still happy with it. Paying 1.6 k £ online is a NO for me.
0 Likes
DUMITRU79
Troubleshooter
Options
I need to see what i'm throwing that cash brick at 😁
0 Likes