Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q90T defaults to TV speaker each time it is started and forgets smart remote settings

(Topic created on: 11-04-2021 06:06 PM)
melanthius99
Student
Options

Hello I have QN65Q90TAFXZA.  It is connected to my Denon AVR-X3700H using an optical cable.   

When I set up the TV to use optical audio output, it works correctly.  Setting up the Smart Remote works properly to control the Denon receiver as well.  

Here is the problem: whenever I restart the TV, it "forgets" to use optical the next time.  It always defaults to TV speaker.   The Denon receiver is ON ALL THE TIME, I do not ever turn it off.

Then, if I go into the menu and change the TV sound output to optical again, it "forgets" the Smart Remote settings, and cannot control volume.  I am able to workaround by manually setting up the Universal Remote for the Denon receiver each time the TV is powered on, but it just keeps forgetting each time I restart the TV.  

Also when watching TV it will randomly show a message on the screen saying it is setting up the Smart Remote.  When this happens there is a break in the audio for a moment, and it is disruptive to the viewing experience.

This is all extremely annoying for a brand new 2020 TV.  Samsung please fix this.  

My TV is connected to the internet hard wired and it is kept up to date with the latest firmware all the time.  The Denon receiver is also brand new for 2020 and is also connected hard wired and is also kept up to date with the latest firmware all the time.  

3 REPLIES 3
Evets42
Student
Options

I have the exact same problem with my q90t and a Sonos play bar. Please help Samsung. 

0 Likes
melanthius99
Student
Options

FYI I am having this problem less frequently now.  I noticed when I jiggle the optical cable the TV would sometimes automatically set up the Denon optical. 

After jiggling and re-seating the optical cable a few times the problem seems to have gone away for now but does come back sometimes. 

Hope this helps you.  

It is very strange to me that the optical cable would be capable of transmitting  good sound but still be lacking some part of the signal required for the TV to identify the receiver. But here we are.

The only question that remains is whether the problem is the optical cable itself, or the optical jack on the TV. My cable is a bluerigger 50’

Evets42
Student
Options

Thank you for the reply. And it’s really interesting what you say. Spookily I swapped my optical cable yesterday and it’s worked correctly ever sines!

I noticed that my first cable was a little too fat to go into the slot freely so it may not have been off centre. The new cable went in better. Which sort of ties in with your experience. 

0 Likes