Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q90R TV and Q90R soundbar not working correctly with ARC

(Topic created on: 24-11-2019 06:49 PM)
m-oc
Navigator
Options

I have the TV and soundbar of the same name - Q90R. Presumably they are designed to work together...

If if I connect my 2 HDMI sources to the soundbar and use the HDMI ARC to connect to the TV, everything works fine except that my TV remote will switch the TV and soundbar off. However, if I switch the TV on with the TV remote, the soundbar does not switch on. Why would it switch off but not on?  This is how you are advised to set it up in the manual. 

Everything is enabled on Anynet+ CEC and the universal remotes also set up. Volume controls also work from TV remote. Just not switching on both devices together.  I also sometimes have to switch the source off/on to have it recognised.  The only way to switch on the soundbar is with its own remote. 

Interestingly, if I move my 2 HDMI sources to connect to the TV and not the soundbar, the TV remote will switch both devices on AND off and works perfectly in this regard. However, then I get unreaolveable lip sync issues and don’t even get me started on that!

Any ideas (or fixes - Samsung) gratefully received. 

148 REPLIES 148
m-oc
Navigator
Options

Mine is being collected on Friday by the retailer. I hope you find a good alternative!  Any plans? 

m-oc
Navigator
Options

I will probably buy an LG. My TV and soundbar goes back to the retailer on Friday. 

0 Likes
m-oc
Navigator
Options

I'm sorry Peter but my TV is ready to go back to the retailer. Hopefully someone else on here can help you though. Good luck!  

0 Likes
primalair
Pathfinder
Options

My plan is to go for an LG C9. For now, I keep the soundbar. Didn't find something better till now.

0 Likes
primalair
Pathfinder
Options
Jesterh
First Poster
Options

Hi. I just received my q90r qled tv and q90r soundbar.  I also had issue with tv and soundbar not turning on together.  Work around was to use smarter things app and group two together and make an action that if tv is on then soundbar should be on.  It has worked for me so far.

Iamthe123
First Poster
Options
Who did you contact to get the retailer to take back? I have just about had enough of my q85/q90r. The tv is not fit for purpose in my mind. Did you message the ceo office direct or just the retailer? Many thanks.
0 Likes
m-oc
Navigator
Options

I only talked to CEO's office about the problems and potential fixes. I've been in touch with the retailer since day one and they agreed to take it back as I had reported the issues from the start and they had also tried, unsuccessfully, to resolve them. 

Samsung can arrange to exchange the TV if all troubleshooting steps fail but a like for like replacement won't fix the issue of course. 

Mabuj
First Poster
Options

Excellent idea Jesterh!

I have done the same and it works now each time I turn tv on or off, although it takes two seconds longer than normally.

Thank you for your advice. 

0 Likes
primalair
Pathfinder
Options

I've got my money just today and ordered an LG C9. Thanks to black friday I don't even have to pay more to go from the Q85R to the C9. Hope this is the happy ending I've waited for since I bought the Samsung.

0 Likes