Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q90R TV and Q90R soundbar not working correctly with ARC

(Topic created on: 14-11-2019 04:04 AM)
m-oc
Navigator
Options

I have the TV and soundbar of the same name - Q90R. Presumably they are designed to work together...

If if I connect my 2 HDMI sources to the soundbar and use the HDMI ARC to connect to the TV, everything works fine except that my TV remote will switch the TV and soundbar off. However, if I switch the TV on with the TV remote, the soundbar does not switch on. Why would it switch off but not on?  This is how you are advised to set it up in the manual. 

Everything is enabled on Anynet+ CEC and the universal remotes also set up. Volume controls also work from TV remote. Just not switching on both devices together.  I also sometimes have to switch the source off/on to have it recognised.  The only way to switch on the soundbar is with its own remote. 

Interestingly, if I move my 2 HDMI sources to connect to the TV and not the soundbar, the TV remote will switch both devices on AND off and works perfectly in this regard. However, then I get unreaolveable lip sync issues and don’t even get me started on that!

Any ideas (or fixes - Samsung) gratefully received. 

148 REPLIES 148
m-oc
Navigator
Options

Yes would seem like a software or hardware fix is needed. Just giving them the opportunity to admit this. 

0 Likes
primalair
Pathfinder
Options

Any news from you guys. Here everything takes ages. 10 days ago I agreed with Samsung that they come and pick the TV up but it's still here. 

0 Likes
m-oc
Navigator
Options

So I have 2 problems depending on how I connect everything. With HDMI devices connected to the soundbar I get the on/off issue with ARC/CEC and with them connected to the One Connect I get an unresolvable lip sync issue on Dolby sound (Stereo/PCM is fine). 

Via the CEO's office I managed to arrange a call with a UK engineer on Monday. He was originally supposed to be troubleshooting the on/off issue. However, he had researched a fix for the lip sync issue. He logged into my TV and changed something in the engineer menu. He then suggested that I try the TV for a couple of days and see if I could now get the lip sync right using the usual delay settings. He had tested the same on his own TV (same one) already. 

Whatever he changed did seem to improve the lip sync and the video did appear to be behind the sound instead of ahead. So in theory using the delay would work, once you find the correct amount of delay. However, what I found was that the delay needed was quite variable. So I could never get it right all the time. Even on the same source (I also tried more than one source, more than one channel/programme on Sky). Sometimes it was really off on the same setting that worked fine a few moments before. 

I reported this back to Samsung yesterday and the CEO's office replied to me yesterday late afternoon. They have advised that they advise at this moment of time they cannot provide a satisfactory fix and as my retailer has offered a refund that I should return it. 

So I am initiating the return process and will probably buy an LG instead. 

I understand that a return is not an option for everyone and I have made this point to Samsung. 

0 Likes
primalair
Pathfinder
Options

Oh very nice. I would wish I could return it directly to my reseller but this is not how it's going to happen here. More something like I return mine directly to Samsung, Samsung deals with my reseller and if this is done, I should get my money back through the reseller. They already prepared me that this process could take up to one month between giving back my TV and getting my money but I will defenetely go for a LG C9 too... The soundbar I'll keep for now.

0 Likes
Rizel23
Journeyman
Options

Have the same issues.

Samsung Q90R75 

Samsung Q90R soundbar

using arc hdmi conection from source I get lip sync issues, audio is behind the video, no way to adjust. 

Only was of using this is to use PCM audio.

Interal apps appear fine. 

Nvida Shield connect directly to sound bar appears to give no issues. 

Very frustrating. 

Both TV abd Sound Bar latest firmware 

0 Likes
userjYtfoTda0t
Pioneer
Options
Just if you have missed it; there is a thread on the "external DD audio delay" issue here:
https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/Lip-sync-on-Q90R-with-5-1-input/td-p/1165111
Q90R
First Poster
Options

Hi could you try to connect Bluetooth. I have an issue where I have a sonos beam connected and wanted to attach a Bluetooth headset. After about 5 sec. It turned back to my sonos device. When I turn off hdmi acr, I Can switch to Bluetooth Sound output just fine (but then I only have my tv speakers and Bluetooth.

The Samsung supporter said they do not support sonos and I could buy a Samsung soundbar (not gonna happen) to test if I still had the problem.

so basically no help and they wouldn't admit that had a problem.

therefor would you test if you have the same problem with the Samsung soundbar

kind regards 

Peter

0 Likes
primalair
Pathfinder
Options

I just wanted letting you know that I just installed my few years old LG together with the Q90R soundbar because my Q85R gets picked up soon and with the LG the soundbar switches on and off just fine with the TV.

0 Likes
Q90R
First Poster
Options
Hi Primalair

Thanks for letting me know, but

The problem is with Q90R TV When anynet+ HDMI is enabled you can't switch to TV speakers or Bluetooth. It changes back to HDMI (Sonos). When Anynet+ HDMI is disabled, then no Sonos beam but you can change between tvspeakers and bluetooth audio.

0 Likes
primalair
Pathfinder
Options

Guys, I go crazy. At least here in Switzerland my customer experience is just a complete disaster from A to Z. It's impossible to top this incompetencewise. The time frame where my TV should have been picked up is over. Of course, nobody came. After talking half an hour with the logistics company they finally figured out that they forgot about it. Another half a day I took off for nothing. The poor soul who had to deal with my outburst comes now after his work and picks it up.

0 Likes