Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q90R TV and Q90R soundbar not working correctly with ARC

(Topic created on: 06-11-2019 02:51 PM)
m-oc
Navigator
Options

I have the TV and soundbar of the same name - Q90R. Presumably they are designed to work together...

If if I connect my 2 HDMI sources to the soundbar and use the HDMI ARC to connect to the TV, everything works fine except that my TV remote will switch the TV and soundbar off. However, if I switch the TV on with the TV remote, the soundbar does not switch on. Why would it switch off but not on?  This is how you are advised to set it up in the manual. 

Everything is enabled on Anynet+ CEC and the universal remotes also set up. Volume controls also work from TV remote. Just not switching on both devices together.  I also sometimes have to switch the source off/on to have it recognised.  The only way to switch on the soundbar is with its own remote. 

Interestingly, if I move my 2 HDMI sources to connect to the TV and not the soundbar, the TV remote will switch both devices on AND off and works perfectly in this regard. However, then I get unreaolveable lip sync issues and don’t even get me started on that!

Any ideas (or fixes - Samsung) gratefully received. 

148 REPLIES 148
primalair
Pathfinder
Options

Only thing made me think about upgrading is this here: https://twitter.com/StephenWithers/status/1189512933006626817?s=19

This might also solve all the issues. In an other tweet he commented that the upgrades are to be expected by the middle of November.

m-oc
Navigator
Options

Maybe they will.  If it is delayed from May then who knows. I guess there is no guarantee. Samsung are still telling me that it should work now and have not mentioned any updates being needed. I have a whole list of steps to follow from them. So I'll update on here when I've had time to try these later in the week. 

0 Likes
primalair
Pathfinder
Options

Yes this is the other thing. I heard so many wrong informations from Samsung that I'm also very careful. Stephen Withers is not nobody in the scene so I guess they think twice to give him again wrong infos.

0 Likes
Mabuj
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I purchased both Q90R TV and Soundbar two weeks ago and have had the following three issues so far:

- most of the time Soundbar does not swich on automatically after swithing on TV

- once I could see on the screen that I was changing Soundbar volume but there was no sound at all coming, actually I could switch on Soundbar directly neither with TV remote nor with Soundbar remote, I had to unplug and plug Soundbar to be able to switch Soundbar

-  

0 Likes
Mabuj
First Poster
Options

- I receive frequently the following message "Network cable connected".

So it seems I have the same problems as you have. I have everything connected to One-conection Box and an HDMI between ARC of TV and Soundbar. I get Dolby Atmos when streaming Netflixh or Youtube directly from Tizen application. I am placed in Belgium. I have not yet contacted Samsung support team. I really hope the eARC firmware update to be provided this month will help.

0 Likes
primalair
Pathfinder
Options

@Mabuj I can confirm that I had all that issues too. From where are you?

0 Likes
Mabuj
First Poster
Options

Belgium

0 Likes
primalair
Pathfinder
Options

My TV gets picked up by Samsung and I shall receive my money through the seller within around one month after that. Again not the very best customer experience but better as keeping it.

0 Likes
m-oc
Navigator
Options

It looks like I will be returning mine too but I have a call on Monday arranged by the CEO office just to see if they can fix it. 

0 Likes
primalair
Pathfinder
Options

Short answer is they can't. It needs a new software for that. If you are willing to wait for that, when ever it may be released, you can do that. For me, I guess I gonna buy a C9 as I read a lot positive about it.

0 Likes