Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q90R Screen Heat

(Topic created on: 22-02-2020 07:30 AM)
DazzaMavs
Apprentice
Options

Hi folks

This seems like a good place to find people with the same model as i have just purchased .

Could someone from the community please confirm if they have a Q90R 55 " 8K TV and if the screen is giving off what i have described to customer support as HEAT like a radiator .

Customer support arranged for an engineer to call & check the unit & he agreed it is hot but had to check with technical department to esure it is meant to be this hot . The engineer called me back about ten minutes after leaving & advised yes it does run hot .

Just wondered if anyone else who owns this model could confirm this please .

Thanks in advance :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

4 REPLIES 4
Bubbsta
Student
Options

Hi, any updates? Was it a fault with the TV or was it meant to run hot? I got my Q90R yesterday and after about an hour of gaming I felt hot. I actually remember thinking: why did my dad put the central heating on in the middle of June? Then my dad came in and said it was baking in my room and the central heating wasn't on. Turns out all the heat was coming from the TV. It literally felt like a radiator. Great for the winter I guess. But I still have 29 days to get a refund for a faulty product so if you or anyone else can confirm this is a fault that'd be great. I have a feeling Currys are going to put me through hell to get a refund.

0 Likes
DazzaMavs
Apprentice
Options

Hi Bubbsta ,
As I added in my initial query to the community
The engineer that did a home visit did call back after speaking to Samsung Technical department and advise the heat is normal.
I still have my doubts that this is normal but I have nowhere else to go with the enquiry.
You are the only person that has responded to my post but I presume there must be other people out there with the same thought, but as reported by the Engineer they do run hot!

Bubbsta
Student
Options

I'm fairly confident if I choose to return it I'll get a refund if I keep pushing. First I'll argue that it's fault, they'll send a technician and he'll probably conclude that it's meant to run that hot. Then I'll argue that even if it's meant to run hot, this was not an advertised feature and went against my expectations. As I bought the TV online, I also never had the chance to assess the TV before purchase. I'll argue that in it's current state, the TV is unusable as the room gets too hot. Some well worded phone calls to the relevant superiors and if that doesn't work, a letter to the Head Office, and I think my refund will be approved. But that's a lot of work and I'm not sure if it's worth it. Overall I am impressed with the Q90R so far and I don't know if the heat issue is a deal breaker. What has your experience been with the q90r so far? Do you regret buying it?

0 Likes
DazzaMavs
Apprentice
Options

Hi Bubbsta
I purchased my tv direct from Samsung & when I called customer service dept they wanted to send me another unit and return the initial unit , I decided to have an engineer inspect so I don’t think you would have any trouble getting a refund or a replacement but I think we will find they all run this hot . My initial description to the service dept was it feels like an additional radiator in my living room as far as my experience with the Q90R so far it is a fantastic tv and I am prepared to live with the heat it produces.
I have a 5-year warranty with it so if the heat issue does affect its performance over time, I will be the first to try and have the unit replaced preferably with a newer version with very little cost to me 🙂

0 Likes