Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q90R No Signal from Windows 10 PC with Input Signal Plus Enabled

(Topic created on: 23-04-2020 06:30 PM)
IIGrayFoxII
Apprentice
Options

Hi All,

I'm having some fun and  games with my Q90R having connected it up to my Windows 10 desktop PC (via NVIDIA 1080GTX HDMI 2.0 port). I'm currently trying to get HDR working from the PC on this screen at any resolution 1080p 30Hz/60Hz, 4K 60Hz, but there seems to be what I can only describe as some sort of handshake type issue between the TV and the PC because as soon as I enable "Input Signal Plus" on the HDMI port at the TV, the TV loses signal and my primary monitor flickers continously as it detects the TV and then drops connection. This problem also persists whilst using only the Samsung Q90R too. As soon as "Input Signal Plus" is turned off, it all works just fine, only I cannot enable HDR at all. It works flawlessly at 4k 60Hz, 1080P 120Hz but this is baffling m.

I've tried a variety of short HDMI 2.0 cables which I know work from my PS4 Pro and XBOX One X (1.5m - 2m length), and have tried using all of the HDMI ports from the One Connect box, but the problem persists. I do have a HW-Q70R soundbar also connected to the One Connect box with ARC enabled, and will look at eliminating that shortly.

If anyone else has had a similar problem and found a way to get HDR working via Input Signal Plus without the Windows PC having a total head-fit and found a solution they could share, I'd be most appreciative. I've had a search on the forum and spent a couple hours on google but didn't turn up a whole lot.

Kind regards.

62 REPLIES 62
IIGrayFoxII
Apprentice
Options

I thought it about time I revisited this post. I'm sad to say that I've not gotten any further with Samsung directly on this problem. I've since updated my GPU to an AMD RX 5700 XT and found the handshake issue to be completely gone. I no longer require an adapter to transmit 4K HDR with this GPU, so it looks likely that it's an Nvidia compatibility issue.

Eldreus
Apprentice
Options
I bought an HDMI to USB Type C and found out the hard way that neither my Nvidia 2070 Super, nor my Samsung Q60R, support USB Type C. I’ll return and grab an HDMI switch tonight, and hopefully have better luck.
0 Likes
John114
Student
Options

Just got a q70t today and the exact same problem. Pc with a gtx 1050 and TV only displayed at 30hz. Turn off input signal plus and I get 60hz.

Glad I found this thread, only wasted an hour trying to fix the issue. 

Any update yet? Still happening with a new TV. 

0 Likes
Foxlightning
Journeyman
Options

Nothing  yet

I have been on Nvidia, Windows and Sasmsung for support with just an endless circle of blame the other....

John114
Student
Options

Thats frustrating.  At least mine worked if only at 30hz and not a blank screen like most others..  Disappointing as the HTPC makes up 90% of my viewing and the only fix to get 60hz is to turn off HDR, so I got a new HDR TV and cant us HDR..   

0 Likes
Foxlightning
Journeyman
Options

Yeah I have 2 different brands of HDR monitors and they work fine but when I go to use the TV HDR will not work

Eldreus
Apprentice
Options

Edit: HDMI switch did not work for me. Ended up purchasing a Samsung Curved Monitor for pc and keeping Q60R for console gaming and streaming.

Hope everyone has better luck than I did. 

0 Likes
Andremi
Journeyman
Options

@Eldreus , so the Samsung Monitor works with the nvidia card, but the Samsung TV does not?

0 Likes
ap1_s2k
First Poster
Options

Same issue for me with the Q7D 65" (same as the Q70R, but from Costco). I'm running a XFX RX 580 GTS and it also starts blinking or going to a black screen when i activate the input signal plus while set to 4k@60hz.  When i log in via Chrome Remote Desktop, i still see my desktop though. 

My HDR does work if I leave it at 2560x1440 res.  Not cool with me this way though.  We should be able to maximize 2.0b.  I'm running with a 2.1 cable to make sure i get every bit of the lesser convention.  

Anybody open a higher level tech ticket with this issue?

0 Likes
BillyCanDo
First Poster
Options

I think I found a solution. I was having the same problem with my q90r connected to RTX 2060 super via hdmi. If you go into the q90r settings> general> external device manager> game mode settings, then turn on game mode and set freesync to ultimate.

That has fixed all issues with signal dropout and everything works fine in hdr, but it does mean you have to run the TV in game mode. You will have to play with the picture settings if you want to get a color *****e similar to movie mode.

Hope this helps someone, it was driving me INSANE!!!!