Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q90R HDMI 2.1

(Topic created on: 25-10-2020 08:39 AM)
Markovanbaston
First Poster
Options

When will updates be made to the Q90R in order to be compatible for HDMI 2.1? Also, who do I get in contact with in order to replace the connection box (or does a new one just get sent)? Do you need to apply for anything - important to get clarity before November when there will be an epic surge of demand for this (new PS5 / XBOX launch).

Shame you need to chase up this for what was a flagship model less than 12 months ago.

19 REPLIES 19
Thisisnotdave
First Poster
Options

I think Samsung has washed their hands of this TV and any obligation to its owners. Either they lied in all the press briefings about 2.1 support in the hope that it would blow over, or decided whatever resources it would cost to implement was not worth it. I just hope that anyone who comes here looking for TV info sees how terrible Samsung is towards their customers and chooses a brand that actually stands by their products.

LG had a patch for their TV to properly support HDMI 2.1 with the RTX 3080 within a week of the cards coming out. It's pretty obvious that if you want to have any level of support after purchase, they're the company to go to. This was the first and last Samsung TV I'll ever buy.

Vistrix
Journeyman
Options

I'm in the same boat. I was hoping this would be sorted before the PS5 release. 

Samsung seems very quiet on the matter. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
don't mean to put a downer on your fun, but i don't see it happening. Samsung release updates for about 12months then that's it.
as for HDMI 2.1 compatibility, that depends upon the hardware as to whether it is simply a case of "patching it"
my experience with samsung tvs, you got what you got and that's it.
0 Likes
dayjob
Journeyman
Options

I believe there is some consumer or maybe the fcc we can report this on since it was advertised.

120hz4k
Explorer
Options

@Anonymous User Do you read with us? Your customers are dissatisfied but you do nothing about it. We are pretty tired of being ignored. https://www.avforums.com/threads/samsung-q90r-qled-owners-and-discussion-thread.2218729/page-33
https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/q90r-hdmi-2-1/m-p/2086906#M49206

120hz4k
Explorer
Options

Let me sum things up for you. This TV is your last year's flagship. What's it capable of. No Earc, no Dolby vision, no hdmi 2.1, no filmmaker mode, no HGIG and no support.

Let me make myself clear. If this is the way you like to earn money. I have 3 words for you. 

NO MORE SAMSUNG! 

Members_9rbpVyg
Apprentice
Options

They are not upgrading to 2.1 I was told yesterday over the phone

Prince27
First Poster
Options

There has to be something we can do as consumers. Samsung blatantly lied about their product.  May have to contact the FCC.

mktony1992
Student
Options
anyone tried the Q90r on PS5 yet?
0 Likes