Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q90R eArc update, Samsung UK claims new firmware update has it

(Topic created on: 31-05-2021 06:01 PM)
Crowlaw
Apprentice
Options

Can anyone that has installed firmware version 1374 on their Q90R confirm that our TVs finally received the eArc update like Samsung UK twitter claims yesterday.  

Screenshot_20210104-103423.jpg

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22
Ian57
Pioneer
Options

Hi All,

I received notification from UK Presidents office regarding eARC update for 2019 TVs as below:

I have been continuing to monitor this with our Head Office and HQ Team and thus wanted to share with you that we have received notification that they expect to be in a position to release an OTN update for your model in May in respect of the awaited e-ARC.

I unfortunately don’t have an exact date but hopefully this will be some positive news for you.

This is the first time that Samsung has committed a timeframe to me, so watch this space.

Kaenge
Apprentice
Options

Hi All

Samsung has confirmed today to me that the 2019 Q90R will now NOT received the promised eARC update. 

0 Likes
Kaenge
Apprentice
Options

1F17D785-F9F6-44BB-A50C-97B7ECB683C6.jpeg

For all of you who have been waiting, forget about it completely!  

0 Likes
Ajjsson
Journeyman
Options

Even though eArc is nowhere to be found in the settings of the TV. The latest firmware available sorted my problem with audio delay and 5.1 pcm support via my PS5. So in regards to that at least some features made it through

0 Likes
mjnichol
First Poster
Options

Given that the presidents office says it's coming in May, I'm not sure we can trust a random chat agent. If the presidents office comes back and says, yes, we changed our mind and will not release it, then it's more convincing.

0 Likes
Members_vTseBC4
First Poster
Options

Just seen on the samsung support website for the Q90R 2019 tv that there was a new update available 18.5.21 ver1380.7.  Tried updating via TV software update  but said no update for me at this time. Can't find anything on  support site telling you what is in this update. 

0 Likes
_MrGrumpy_
Student
Options

I'm in the UK and have installed the update. From testing I can confirm that eARC is not included.

0 Likes
Smoov
Student
Options

So is this ever happening or are we lodging formal complaints?

Members_iCq4G7N
First Poster
Options

I would expect at the very least a formal communication and explanation from Samsung if the Q90r will not get eARC since the update was promised several times! I have bought a lot of Samsung equipment over the years (phones, tabs....) this leaves a very very bitter taste... 

0 Likes
_MrGrumpy_
Student
Options
Anyone else noticed that firmware 1380 now shows as 1374 on the Samsung downloads page? Any idea why?
0 Likes