Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q90R audio broken after 1361 firmware update

(Topic created on: 15-08-2020 12:03 PM)
GarySargent
Explorer
Options

I have a Q90R TV connected to a Denon AVR-X3500 AV receiver via Arc audio return on HDMI port 3.

Since the 1361 firmware update the sound keeps cutting out every 30 seconds, like the receiver loses the audio and then reconnects. This did not happen on the previous firmware.

I've tried 4 different HDMI cables, and factory reset the TV. Nothing works.

Problem exists on ALL audio types from simple stereo via the TV aerial channels, to Atmos in Netflix.

What am I supposed to do now?!?!

5 REPLIES 5
Rocky3D
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same problem! After 1361 update, my ATMOS capable soundbar works, but the ATMOS feature disapeared from NETFLIX. Also, in some media there are sudden cuts in the audio.

0 Likes
Chris669
Explorer
Options

After 1361 update, sometimes my Yamaha RX-S600D can decode Dolby Digital Plus, sometimes DECODER OFF. Really strange. Now I can choose in advanced sound option between DD and DD+. So for example, if I launch a movie, Amplifier shows DECODER OFF, I have to manually go to advanced sound option and select DD. Very tricky... But if I let the selection to DD, it always work. Strange. Before 1361 Netflix was always with DD+... A question, do I loose quality from DD+ to DD? 

0 Likes
Rob412
Apprentice
Options

My Yamaha YSP-1600 soundbar intermittently stops working via HDMI ARC since this firmware update.  Samsung have replaced the main board on my Q70R but it failed within 24hours with the same issue.  Another replacement main board coming today.  Won't be updating the firmware on it just in case.

0 Likes
samdude9
First Poster
Options

My QE65L (the Frame 2019) has similar problem. Upgraded to the 1361 firmware, and from that moment I do not have any sound in HDMI port 3. There is a stereo set connected using the ARC channel, but the receiver just says: no signal, and about every 30 seconds or so a sort of reconnect with a little noisy sound. Settings was on PCM, and checked the receiver with a different TV. That device is working just fine. Tried all settings to get the Samsung TV working again, factory reset etc. Nothing works. Posting in this thread because looks the same. Is there a fix for this coming??

0 Likes
gudding
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem with my Samsung QE55LS03RAUXXC running software version 1361. The TV is connected to a Naim Atom receiver via HDMI ARC, and now says "No input signal", and gives a beep sound every 30 second or so. 

How can I roll back to the previous version and when can we expect a software update? 

0 Likes