Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q90r and Xbox Series X

(Topic created on: 01-12-2020 05:18 PM)
mcrbeckett
Student
Options

My TV will not recognise my new xbox series X as an Xbox. It previously did with my Xbox one. Because it now doesn't see it as an Xbox the auto game mode feature is no longer working. I have reset my TV and Xbox. Tried all impurs. Updated both and checked the TV is running the latest available firmware. Nothing seems to resolve the issue. I assume Samsung need to update something but they keep directing me here? Maybe there's an admin or something? Any ideas? 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options

@mcrbeckett: Do you have the Series X connected to HDMI port 4 using the cable that came packaged with the console? If so, try heading to Settings > General > External Device Manager > Input Signal Plus, and enable this on port 4 to see if this helps. 

0 Likes
mcrbeckett
Student
Options

Thank you for your reply. Yes, unfortunately this does not fix the issue. It's not a major as it can be set manually but I did like that feature. However you have now reminded me to use hdmi 4 and I now have 120hz so thats nice. I will await a software fix for the auto game mode. Thanks again.