Original topic:

Q900RB 82" Screen Issue

(Topic created on: 28-02-2022 02:43 PM)
Craig01
Journeyman
Options
TV

Hello All

I'd be grateful for your thoughts and recommendations on a dilemma! In July 2019 I "invested" in Samsung's 8k flagship TV, an 82" Q900RB. It cost approximately £6,500, €7,800, $8,700.

On the whole, I've been happy with the TV, the only downsides being a persistent network cable connected, disconnected message (seems to be fixed with a software update a couple of revisions ago) and a nagging concern that the system RAM and Memory may struggle in the future!

However, yesterday a single, horizontal line appeared on the screen. I've raised a case with my local Samsung service team and have been told that I will need to replace the screen at a cost of £2,650, €3,167, $3,550! 

I'm genuinely shocked that this should happen to a "flagship" 8k TV which is less than 3 years old! 

Does anyone know who I can contact to objectively escalate this within Samsung? I'm living with MND/ALS, so the TV is very much my window on the world.

Thanks one and all for any thoughts...

C75B1068-8F76-45C1-AC3F-9F9488111112.jpeg

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
xSteveuk
Maestro
Options
TV
0 Likes
Craig01
Journeyman
Options
TV

Thank you very much Steve. I went through that process prior to contacting Samsung Service. As a result of my conversation with Samsung Service, I have been told that my only option is to pay for a replacement screen!

I'd like to identify how I can constructively escalate this issue with Samsung Corporation.

To be honest, I invested £6,500, €7,800, $8,700 on a flagship, 8K TV just two and a half years ago and I'm now faced with the decision to either cut my not insignificant losses and look at another manufacturer or put a further £2,650, €3,167, $3,550 at risk, in the hopes that this 8K TV will last longer than 3 years.

Hopefully, my dilemma will help others considering a significant investment in Samsung's flagship platforms!

THANK YOU for trying to help, it's very much appreciated. I can only hope that Samsung step up, stand behind their technology and help me find a viable way forward.

Ginga_p
Helping Hand
Options
TV
Its not a old hdmi cable possibly
G G
0 Likes
Craig01
Journeyman
Options
TV

Hello GG

The Samsung service engineer says that it is definitely a screen failure and I can understand why he's come to that conclusion given it's a single horizontal pixel screen wide failure with a small, green, vertical line approximately 1/3rd of the way along. Photo below...

Thank you very much for trying to help.

9F510B8C-F4B2-4BCC-A46E-EF0517136FEF.png

0 Likes
Ginga_p
Helping Hand
Options
TV
No worrys Craig hopefully they get it fixed quick for you. New screen or replacement for you then
G G
0 Likes