Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q900R Firmware 1401 Xbox no sound 4k 120hz

(Topic created on: 28-08-2022 03:08 PM)
kcgoatboy
First Poster
Options

The OTA 1401 firmware broke 4k 120 hz gaming on the xbox series x.  There is no sound when 4k 120 hz is selected but sound works again if you choose 1080p 120hz.  I am using hdmi port 4.  I've tried the highspeed hdmi cable that comes with the series x and also tried a certified 8k hdmi 2.1 cable.  Samsung support says contact Microsoft Support.  After dealing with MS support they say to contact Samsung Support.  I had no issues before firmware 1401, that is the only variable that changed.

Per MS support, changing the video out put from Auto to HDMI and manually setting the hdmi setting doesn't work.  Resetting the video/audio setting via hold eject button while turning on doesn't work.  I've tried the Xbox on a different brand TV and it works 4k 120 hz and audio.

MS support thinks the new Samsung firmware messed something up with the HDMI signal handshake.  During trouble shooting, cutting power the the Samsung Connect Box, waiting 30 seconds and letting the tv/connect box restart makes the sound work again at 4k 120 hz but as soon as a switch inputs or turn off the tv with the remote, the problem comes back that I have no sound at 4k 120 hz.

Is there a way to roll back the firmware?

53 REPLIES 53
parhamsan
First Poster
Options

Yeah, that's what I suspect that there won't be an immediate resolution from Samsung team. For me there is no return option since I bought the tv in 2019.

I loved this TV, too bad samsung ruined it with their glitchy fw update!!!

0 Likes
Drewzyboy
Explorer
Options
Still waiting on this ***** update. This is incredible its taking so long. Have LG tv's also at home that get constant firmware updates and never seen a bug this bad on any of them.

My TV cost me £1800 but came with a 5 year guarantee.

Anyone know if I can I return it for a different model?
0 Likes
DragonxNinja
Student
Options

Still waiting for the fix of "sound-lost-issues" and the "grayed-and-washed-out-color-issues" while using Xbox Series X with the Q90R TV

I hope the new firmwares will be released soon.

0 Likes
kwangomango
Explorer
Options

Why is this fix taking so long Samsung? It's been almost 1 year now...

0 Likes