Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q900R Firmware 1401 Xbox no sound 4k 120hz

(Topic created on: 08-12-2022 09:48 AM)
kcgoatboy
First Poster
Options

The OTA 1401 firmware broke 4k 120 hz gaming on the xbox series x.  There is no sound when 4k 120 hz is selected but sound works again if you choose 1080p 120hz.  I am using hdmi port 4.  I've tried the highspeed hdmi cable that comes with the series x and also tried a certified 8k hdmi 2.1 cable.  Samsung support says contact Microsoft Support.  After dealing with MS support they say to contact Samsung Support.  I had no issues before firmware 1401, that is the only variable that changed.

Per MS support, changing the video out put from Auto to HDMI and manually setting the hdmi setting doesn't work.  Resetting the video/audio setting via hold eject button while turning on doesn't work.  I've tried the Xbox on a different brand TV and it works 4k 120 hz and audio.

MS support thinks the new Samsung firmware messed something up with the HDMI signal handshake.  During trouble shooting, cutting power the the Samsung Connect Box, waiting 30 seconds and letting the tv/connect box restart makes the sound work again at 4k 120 hz but as soon as a switch inputs or turn off the tv with the remote, the problem comes back that I have no sound at 4k 120 hz.

Is there a way to roll back the firmware?

53 REPLIES 53
Michael Digital
Explorer
Options

Official update will come 2023. It was posted in other 1401 firmware issue threads.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi all,

Official statement/post from our TV/AV colleagues on this one:

We are aware of a small number of 2019 TV owners, who since the update to either T-MSLDEUC-1401.0 or T-MSMDEUC-1401.0, have suffered a bug affecting the Sound Output setting changing back to TV Speakers from their chosen external Sound Device.

The fix for this will be included in the next full Firmware Update due for release later in 2023.

We have made an interim update available on the following Samsung Server links should any user wish to apply the patch sooner.

https://org.downloadcenter.samsung.com/downloadfile/ContentsFile.aspx?CDSite=UNI_UK&OriginYN=N&Model... 

https://org.downloadcenter.samsung.com/downloadfile/ContentsFile.aspx?CDSite=UNI_UK&OriginYN=N&Model...

The firmware contained in these updates is the previous version plus the Sound output patch, no other changes are included

Note: We have utilised some redundant Server locations to make these updates available which include reference to an old Plasma TV Model number, this is intentional & does not represent the final file downloaded.

The files are compressed .zip files & require extracting before writing to the root of a USB stick.  Download both zipfiles, extract & write to the root of a USB & launch the “Software Update” feature in the Support section of your TV’s Menu & the TV will install the correct one.

When the full released is launched later in 2023, TV’s will update & install all additional features & security updates contained keeping your TV up to date & secure.

Rich F67
Journeyman
Options

AntS... Are these two separate files?? Also mentions UK...will this fix TV in the USA? Why can't you push the fix faster through regular update method? What does later 2023 mean? Kind of a disgrace it took this long to admit the issue and that the poor people affected have to jump through hoops or wait for a normal update. This should be fixed ASAP. I hope everyone here joins me in never purchasing a Samsung TV in the future. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

Martorias
Explorer
Options

I've successfully updated to 1409 but the problem still happens every now and then. Not happy at all, should've just kept avoiding samsung but it looked like a good deal at the time. 

0 Likes
Ernesteaux
First Poster
Options

Is the update only for the Q900r or all 2019 models? I have a Q90R with the same issue. 

0 Likes
parhamsan
First Poster
Options

Hi All,

Also wanted to add my experience with the sound issue I am having after the 1401 firmware update.

Before this update, my PC was connected to HDMI4 and everything was working fine. I have to mention that I have a BOSE Stereo sound system (Bose Cinemate series II 2.1) connected to the TV Smart Connect with Optical Cable so when I switch to any HDMI the TV is passing the sound to the BOSE system.

After the Update to 1401 firmware, everytime I switch to another HDMI, for example HDMI 2 or 3 (HDMI 3 is my Nvidia Shield and HDMI 2 another android Box) and the sound is fine. When I switch back to HDMI 4 (My PC) the sound is not working. At the beginning I was thinking it was an issue with the sound driver or the HDMI cable so I reinstalled the driver and tried another HDMI cable and same issue was there (no sound).

Until I turned off and turned on the TV and the sound was back again. Now I am just following the same trick as holding the power bottom on the samsung remote control until the logo appears and then letting go to reboot the TV.

Samsung, Honestly this workaround is absurd and annoying as hell!!! Clearly there is an issue with the firmware so either let the users to downgrade the FW or release a freaking new firmware to fix the sound issue!!!

I was wondering if anyone has tested the 1409 on Q900R (US/CANADA) versions.

My exact TV model is QN65Q900RBFXZC

0 Likes
parhamsan
First Poster
Options

Hello,

Will there be a temp FW fix for the US Models?

My TV Model is QN65Q900RBFXZC (Currently on FW T-MSMAKUC-1401.0) with the sound issue.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Martorias
Explorer
Options

The 1409 pre-release fw doesn't even solve the issue, my audio still drops after updating on a EU q75r

0 Likes
parhamsan
First Poster
Options

Hey,

Thanks for confirming this. So i guess at this point there is no point even updating to the 1409 pre-released firmware. I wish samsung support was this fast lol.

Lets see when they are going to release the new FW that fixes this issue.

0 Likes
Martorias
Explorer
Options

yeah I've been waiting for half a year for a fix so don't hold your breath. I'll actually check this week if there's an option to return it as it doesn't work as advertised due to Samsung messing up.

0 Likes