Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q85R - Prime Video hotkey on smart remote launches Apple TV

(Topic created on: 11-02-2020 03:51 PM)
RavediggaUK
Student
Options

Hi everyone.  This is a weird quirk, but it's driving me a bit mental.

My Q85R set, bought in August 2019, has for just the last month or two started launching Apple TV when I use the Amazon Prime Video hotkey on the smart remote.  It's infuriating.  Invariably this is what happens...

1. Press the Prime Video hotkey
  2. Apple TV starts up.  The app is unresponsive though, every time.
  3. Use the home button and menu to go back to standard broadcast TV.
  4. Use the home menu to go back to Apple TV, which is now responsive, and then close the app.
  5. Press the Amazon Prime Video hotkey again and the Prime app will start up.

I don't use the Apple TV app at all, so it isn't running in the background beforehand or anything like that.  Sometimes, very infrequently, the next press of the Prime hotkey after doign the above will launch YouTube!  We do use Youtube on the set, so I'm unsure if this is when that app is running in the background or not.  But in either case... Amazon Prime very rarely launches on first press of the hotkey on the smart remote.

This wasn't always the case - it worked perfectly well for the first couple of months.  so I'm not sure if an update might have casued it.  But a solution would be very welcome.  I know I can get to the Prime app other ways, but having Apple TV hijack that hotkey is very aggravating.  i haven't actually tested what happens if we try to launch the Prime app from the apps menu, but I think I will.  I've assumed, until now, that it's specifically the hotkey funtion that's messed up and I expect launching Prime by browsing to it won't be an issue.

8 REPLIES 8
Coren
First Poster
Options
Hello, I'd like a solution also as my 65" and 43" smart tvs both have the same problem!
Johnnyboyrude
First Poster
Options

I. Would like a solution as well please as this is happening on my Q90r 65"

slinger
First Poster
Options

I am having the exact same issue. Please respond to a resolution.

Marksmith653
First Poster
Options

I'm having same issue very annoying 

Carolina7620
First Poster
Options

Same problem... Samsung what's up?? Samsung household... 

0 Likes
Curro76
First Poster
Options

Same issue with a Q90R, any news about fix?

0 Likes
Framer1
First Poster
Options
Happening to me as well on both 65" and 55" frame... Samsung you got this bug tracked?
0 Likes
Emburg
First Poster
Options

Was having the same problem and found a YouTube that fixed it.

go to settings 

tv device manager

clean running apps

clean now

After I did that, the Prime Video button works again.

0 Likes