Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q80T / Xbox Series X - Game Mode off/on/off/on

(Topic created on: 16-11-2020 06:46 PM)
carsonp
First Poster
Options

Just set up my new Xbox Series X on a 2020 Q80T 55-inch TV, and whenever I switch between games, Game Mode (which is on Auto) turns off and on repeatedly. It stays on, which is good, but appears super buggy until it gets there. 

This happens while switching between games, menus, etc. It should just stay on until I'm no longer on the Xbox. When Game Mode is on manual on/off, it works fine, but it'd be great if Auto was a better experience. Anyone else with this issue or know how to solve it? 

7 REPLIES 7
Chrisw156
Apprentice
Options

That’s an issue with a lot of Samsung TVs....I have the q80t and I think a 7 series from 2019 and they both do it. I’m not aware of a fix. I’m sure we aren’t the only people with this issue, hopefully someone will chime in with advice. 

0 Likes
Jeffreyvha
Pioneer
Options

You can sort of fix it by putting the hdmi 4 channel on game mode on. And not auto settings. Just like if you use a xbox . I have a series x had a lot of issues with manually fixing things like : sound delay, flickering screen when starting up game switching on off on off game modus . So i started with setting the hdmi 4 instead of game modus auto to on. That helped alot, and if you use a soundbar in earc ,(i have a Q90T and Q950T) the sound delays are terrible with dolby atmos because samsung wont fix the auto settings on sound options. Only setting it to passtrough fixes it a little bit. Still lag but pffff... i hope this helps you a little bit and i hope that samsung sort there things out.

Freiria
Student
Options

Same issue here. I made a video (in portuguese, my native language) showing it. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bldUeta_0do

0 Likes
Marcusdr
Pioneer
Options

There has been a lot of issues with game mode on Samsungs 2020 TVs. My Series X and Q95T get stuck in a constant game mode on/off loop when launching games in auto and I have to manually turn off game mode to get the game to display and then turn game mode back on. Extremely annoying. They have updated the firmware multiple times and hopefully they keep doing so to get it right with the next gen consoles. 

0 Likes
DabbyJoos
First Poster
Options

Xbox Series X + Samsung Q80T: I’m having the same exact issue. Samsung, when is this going to be addressed?

0 Likes
Gato326
First Poster
Options

I have similar problems with PlayStation 4. Turned of the Auto game mode but still happens every once in a while. I get killed easily in a game when the screen goes dark switching modes. Samsung please fix this soon.

0 Likes
AyoSmackAttack
First Poster
Options

This worked for me. I have Samsung QN65, the xbox worked fine it is brand new. I started to play Halo one day and the xbox menus and the game were silent but only in halo. Did more research and finally stumbled on people mentioning other apps like DIsney+, Netflix, and Hulu. I had the same issue with Netflix and another game as well...which lead me to it being a Samsung TV issue. Read this and moved the xbox to HDMI 4(ARC) port and now all the games and apps have audio. Definitely best quick fix for me but I'd like to get to the bottom of this. Thanks!

0 Likes