Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q80T:Xbox One X:Game Mode: Faint vertically scrolling lines?

(Topic created on: 11-10-2020 08:31 PM)
AZGreg
Explorer
Options

Hi all,

On the new firmware I’m finally able to get a good picture on game mode BUT there seem to be faint vertical scrolling lines. Almost looks like when you’d record an old CRT but obviously not that exaggerated. Can be seen on dark grayish scenes especially.

Oddly enough, this goes away if I turn on game motion plus which I don’t want to have to do. It also doesn’t happen in any of the non-game modes.

Any ideas?

62 REPLIES 62
Toejo78
Navigator
Options

It's easier to see on Xbox when you leave it on the dash and it dims for screensaver purposes. Makes the screen go haywire and it scrolls lines both left and right. I will get a video of it and stick it on YouTube tomorrow.

0 Likes
DUSKTILLDAWN
Pioneer
Options

Ok cool glad that it's not just me ,that other dimming post,has got out of control ,with argument s over settings and people who say well mine is fine ,well good for you ours isn't..

0 Likes
DUSKTILLDAWN
Pioneer
Options

I haven't got a ps4 but I don't even know  do you guys have allm, vrr, settings on PS4 because freesync ,vrr allm and other settings are on Xbox ,so maybe that's why others say there's is ok,on Xbox with GMP off scrolling faint lines on dashboard,with freesync the same issue,with GMP on issue is gone ,but with new console s 120hz disable s GMP anyway so your left with a scrolling dash,of grey lines ,or freesync with the same,ps5 has those settings coming so I would be concerned.

0 Likes
DUSKTILLDAWN
Pioneer
Options

Another reason why others don't see it is if they have game mode set to auto and not set to on ,with auto,it puts dash in game mode but sets background as movie mode which can be changed ,so when you load a game ,it switched to HDR and you can avoid annoying lines but not fix,if game mode is  set to on not auto lines are prelevant and annoy me,and need fixing .

0 Likes
Aes28
First Poster
Options

I am happy that I am not alone with this problem! I've been describing it as an old CRT that was on its last legs.

I noticed it with the 1304 Firmware (The set came with that one installed already) and had hoped that it would be fixed with the 1402 update.  Unfortunately that was not the case.

editing in the tv type:US Model Q80T TV

Playstation 4 Pro with game mode on, HDR and Non-HDR both display the horizontal lines that will then travel vertically up the screen. The game we noticed this in first was Resident Evil 3, right after the first cutscene.  We initially assumed it was a game problem and not a television problem. After quitting out of the game one day, I realized it was happening on the PS4Pro home screen as well. It was just a bit more difficult to notice, but as long as Game Mode is On (Without Game Motion Plus), it's there.

I have tried many different HDMI cables (several 18Gbps and I purchased a 48Gbps just in case - no luck) as well as changing which HDMI port the PS4Pro was plugged into. Finally, I have gone through the trouble of removing the other devices connected to the television so that it only had the single HDMI cable running to the console and it's own power cable in order to remove the possibility of interference. Unsurprisingly, that did not work either.
Playstation 3 In addition to the PS4Pro, we also have a PS3 connected to the TV and it displays the same problem as long as Game Mode is enabled.

Nintendo Switch Interestingly, the Nintendo Switch does not exhibit this behavior. Which is strange. When I discovered that it did not display the same rolling lines, I figured the HDMI cable it came with might be the solution, but upon testing it with the other two consoles the end result had not changed for them. 

As has been discussed in this thread, changing Game Motion Plus on will get rid of the rolling lines, but introduces it's own host of problems.

0 Likes
DUSKTILLDAWN
Pioneer
Options

I have switch here aswell which also Is brighter than the sun at 1080,don't know now what PS3 is ,I presume it's a 4k issue ,even with Xbox in game mode with other resolutions it's still scrolling lines just wanna ask what models in on q90t is it same on 95 and 80t,because previously on dimming forum page people don't seem to be noticing it I'm wondering if it's EU related or further.

0 Likes
AZGreg
Explorer
Options

I’m US 80t and get it

0 Likes
Aes28
First Poster
Options

Also, the PS3 is only capable of 1080p max. Which is why the Switch not showing the rolling lines surprised me, since they're the same in that regard.

I am also using an US Q80T

0 Likes
DUSKTILLDAWN
Pioneer
Options

It's weird because putting Xbox into 1080 you still get lines ,but switch nothing,it's mint,

0 Likes
QuantumP
Pathfinder
Options

Do you have a video?

0 Likes