Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q80T Unfit for its purpose

(Topic created on: 02-03-2021 02:48 PM)
Members_OFsxYkb
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

This is the state of my 5 month old TV.  It has frame rate skipping, horrific judder and best of all HDMI drop out and, well, whatever fault you'd describe in the attached photos.  

I have been patient and carried out everything you told me to do, wait on firmware fixes, which didnt resolve anything, tech support have logged on multiple times and reset various items in the service menu.  An engineer visited and replaced the main board, I'm still left with HDMI drop out and the below picture.  I am now entitled to a refund, in accordance with UK consumer law.  However you still refuse a refund and state the totally irrelevant 28 returns policy.  Your tech support and your shop colleagues are not interested in working within the law or helping solve this.

Months of issues have led me to write this.

10.jpg11.jpg12.jpg

12 REPLIES 12
Members_OFsxYkb
Apprentice
Options

and to cover off the legalities.....

Dear Sir or Madam,

REFERENCE: Tate/Samsung-QE49Q80TATXXU

I purchased the QE49Q80TATXXU from Samsung. At the point of purchase I paid £959.20 on the 8the September 2020

The QE49Q80TATXXU is unfit for purpose. Frame rate juddering and skipping, told to wait on a firmware update. Nothing fixed it. HDMI distortion, engineer did repair and did not fix the issue. Tech support have reset settings in the service menu and still nothing fixed.  Please see my attached image for seriousness of the issue.

The Consumer Rights Act 2015 makes it an implied term of the contract I have with Samsung that goods be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality.

As you are in breach of contract and I've owned the product for less than 6 months and a previous attempt at repair or replacement has also failed, I am within my statutory rights to ask for a full refund of the original cost paid.

I await confirmation that you will provide the remedy set out above within 14 days of the date of this letter.

Yours faithfully,

Richard Tate

0 Likes
StephK1
Options

Sorry to hear about this issue with your TV, Richard. We're unable to provide the support you need regarding this issue via Community, so please reach out to the Technical Support Team over the phone on 0333 000 0333. They will be happy to take a look into this for you. 

0 Likes
Antonz85
Pathfinder
Options
i have the samsung q90t ive never had any issues touchwood at the moment. that must be a one off faulty tv. i hope it gets sorted soon. definatly something should be done
0 Likes
Members_OFsxYkb
Apprentice
Options

I have for 5 months, what can they do? theyve replaced the main board, reset many features and upgraded firmware twice.  Your 'Shop' wont issue me a refund, I'm not bein gpassed from pillar to post again, each department tells me to contact the other department. I don't want it fixed any more, I've waited 5 months, I'm entitled to a refund so who do I contact.

This was the response from your Shop.... its incorrect and not in accordance with consumer law

Hi richard.s.tate,

Thanks for getting in touch with the Samsung Shop Team. Your Reference Number is ******.

As per advise, Just to inform you, we can no longer issue refund against the product as it is now way beyond the 28 days return period. Apologies for the inconvenience.

I hope I've helped answer your query. If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to respond to this email thread.

Kind regards,

Jovy
Samsung Shop Support Team
0330 SAMSHOP (726 7467)
Monday to Sunday | 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.

0 Likes
Members_OFsxYkb
Apprentice
Options

Can't watch a Bluray as it drops out, can't watch SKy, it drops out and can't game.

Three devices, three different cables, all work fine on my £300 LG cheapo, but not on a £1k Samsung.

0 Likes
FRUSTRATEDusr
Journeyman
Options
If you have had a repair and the TV is still defective, then the Consumer Rights Act 2015 is clear and you should be offered a refund. Contact Trading Standards and go through the small claims procedure for issuing Samsung with a court appearance for a refund, if they still refuse.
0 Likes
Antonz85
Pathfinder
Options
thats really unlucky. ive had no problems on mine. movies gaming or desktop usage
0 Likes
Members_OFsxYkb
Apprentice
Options

@StephK1  Why would Samsung not issue my refund? It's hardly a marginal case.  Tech support wont issue a refund and neither will the Shop.

StephK1
Options

Unfortunately, this isn't something we would be able to confirm, as us Community Mods are unable to look into cases such as these. If you need further support than the Technical Support Team are able to provide, please reach out to the Customer Solutions Team on uk.help@samsung.com or over the phone on 0330 726 1010. They will be able to take a look into your case and provide a resolution for you. 

0 Likes