Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q80T TV and Q70 soundbar

(Topic created on: 28-07-2020 03:42 PM)
Johng11
Journeyman
Options

Recently bought the Samsung Q80T and Q70 soundbar feeling confident they would work together. After setting them up, I found that the sound bar was not recognised by the TV via the eARC (HDMI) port, so it seems that Samsung have an issue with this port EVEN with their own product. I contacted the retailer and they are going to send me a new sound bar to try, but reading other post, I think it may well be the TV eARC port which is the problem. 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Johng11 

Did you receive your replacement Soundbar and has it made any difference?

0 Likes
Johng11
Journeyman
Options

No not yet expected next Tuesday. Will update once received.

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

No problem! Thanks, @Johng11.

0 Likes
Johng11
Journeyman
Options

New sound bar delivered, but still have a Problem. The QSymphony feature does not work as detailed on the Samsung website see below. When the sound bar is connected by eARC unable to select D.IN so the TV + sound bar does not appear in the TV sound output menu. Also in the source menu the sound bar is not recognised. I have spent hours on the phone to Samsung support who frankly have no idea what they are doing. I will now be asking my retailer to take back the TV and sound bar as it is not fit for purpose. Extremely frustrating now not a Samsung fan any more

Q-Symphony is only available when you connect the soundbar to the TV using an HDMI cable or an optical cable. You will also need to change the source on your soundbar to D.IN. To do this, press Source on the soundbar’s remote until “D.IN” appears.

Once the soundbar has been connected and D.IN is set, “TV+Soundbar” will appear under the Sound Output menu of the TV. Select the corresponding option. Now Q-Symphony will activate, and you’ll hear amazing surround sound.

0 Likes
Uco
First Poster
Options

Have you tried reseting using this video

https://youtu.be/IbLeyU4MLKc

0 Likes
hope lightning
Apprentice
Options

Hi @Johng11, did you ever get the q70 soundbar working? I was hoping to have this setup too and was surprised that this issue is occurring with the same brand TV.

0 Likes
rowey5
First Poster
Options

I've a Q70T soundbar connected via eArc to a Q700T Tv and works fine.

If you do connect via eArc the soundbar will display eArc rather than D.IN, but Q Symphony works.

0 Likes