Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q80T sound issue

(Topic created on: 26-07-2020 12:51 PM)
LoinerPaul
Explorer
Options

Hi,

Recently purchased a Q80 T.  Everything is living up to expectations apart from an intermittant sound problem.

The sound periodically cuts out, often several times a day.  This outage lasts no more than a second, however, it's now becoming a major distraction.

Software is up to date.   This happens irrespective of whether the sound is via. SkyQ box, ariel, tv speaker, or, with the Bose Soundbar, or a combination of the aforementioned units.   The Bose is connected via. ARC since there's no eARC facility.

I've tried various setting parameters which the supplier, Richer sounds, have suggested, and changed parameters on the skyQ box.   For the record the sound from the old Panasonic tv, SkyQ and the Bose soundbar was perfect.   I've performed a full reset on 2 occasions.   I'm now at a loss as to what to do next.   If anyone has any suggestions as to what I can try next I would be grateful.

Many Thanks in antisipation.

Loiner Paul

80 REPLIES 80
Ryck
Student
Options

Purchased a Q80 55inch in December 2020.  What I am experiencing intermittently is a sudden change up in volume accompanied by a hollow effect on the sound.  Extremely disruptive when watching TV.  Even more so because it's intermittent and once it happens you then are on tenterhooks because it may happen again.  Tried changing various sound parameters but none have solved the problem.   Troubles is it's intermittent so they will have to take my word for it as it happens twice during one TV program and then not again until maybe a day or two later.  Let's see what Curry's say and if they try to fob me off.  

0 Likes
LoinerPaul
Explorer
Options

Take my advice.  Reject the tv, get a refund and buy another brand.

shurl77
Pathfinder
Options

If the problem was there from the date of purchase or indeed during the first 30days you are entitled to a complete refund under consumer law, good luck especially with Curry's and even more so with Samsung.

0 Likes
shurl77
Pathfinder
Options

Totally agree ! my Sony is fantastic makes Samsung look antique.

0 Likes
Salti
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

Latest update from me. So, I connected my new AVR (Denon 2700h), and things are perfect for the last 3 weeks. No issues with Audio or Video. I think my fireTv sound settings were not fully compatible with the TV. In such scenarios can't blame either, but blame both.

In regards to volume going up and down automatically, I think you need to disable all smart features related sound/volume. I did disable actually smart features related to screen and brightness. You find these under many menus; picture, smart features and Eco settings.

I don't think I will post in relation to this problem anymore, as I got the issues resolved.

Don't know if things will change in the future after some SW updates.

0 Likes
Ryck
Student
Options

That could be the solution. But when one purchases a product you expect all the features to work. Not a lot to ask.  Otherwise one would probably by a different product that offers all the features you want.   From past experience it gets harder when a fault is intermittent and hence difficult to know when it is next going to happen.  And leaving my phone videoing the TV all night every night in order to catch the intermittent fault is not really an option as storage memory will soon run out.

0 Likes
badgermattuk
Apprentice
Options

After weeks of playing with various settings & testing them all out, I believe to have found the issue to actually be from my Virgin Media 360 set-top box, not the TV. After changing the sound setting from Dolby Audio. I had 3 options, Always convert, Follow content or disable. After disabling this setting, I've not seen an audio drop out in a few weeks now. So advice for people seeing this issue, check ALL your audio settings before blaming the TV.

0 Likes
shurl77
Pathfinder
Options

Sorry missed this post altogether, my Sony is simply brilliant and yes I am enjoying it, and I do agree little players like us can simply be ignored as an agitation to large businesses like Samsung which makes things difficult to say the least, at least I know I won't be supplying them with my hard earned money, gives me a degree os satisfaction for sure.

0 Likes
Who204
First Poster
Options

Its a issue with there Atmos cpu.

Turn it off in the settings and sound drops stop....

Samsung will not fix it as that will cost a fortune, replacing all the tv motherboards with updated ones, that have a better Atmos cpu. 

0 Likes
LoinerPaul
Explorer
Options

Hi who204

The Dolby atmos setting is off.  It’s never been on, so in my case it’s not the issue.

I will switch it on and see if sound drop out changes.  It may be something as perverse as that that’s causing this issue.

0 Likes