Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q80T sound issue

(Topic created on: 26-07-2020 12:51 PM)
LoinerPaul
Explorer
Options

Hi,

Recently purchased a Q80 T.  Everything is living up to expectations apart from an intermittant sound problem.

The sound periodically cuts out, often several times a day.  This outage lasts no more than a second, however, it's now becoming a major distraction.

Software is up to date.   This happens irrespective of whether the sound is via. SkyQ box, ariel, tv speaker, or, with the Bose Soundbar, or a combination of the aforementioned units.   The Bose is connected via. ARC since there's no eARC facility.

I've tried various setting parameters which the supplier, Richer sounds, have suggested, and changed parameters on the skyQ box.   For the record the sound from the old Panasonic tv, SkyQ and the Bose soundbar was perfect.   I've performed a full reset on 2 occasions.   I'm now at a loss as to what to do next.   If anyone has any suggestions as to what I can try next I would be grateful.

Many Thanks in antisipation.

Loiner Paul

80 REPLIES 80
LoinerPaul
Explorer
Options

Hi Everyone,

I've installed the software update (ver.1460.9) and, so far, it's not dropped the sound in the last 3 days.

For us it looks like it may be a solution.

I'll update this topic in a couple of weeks to let you know.

0 Likes
shurl77
Pathfinder
Options

It may work for you, mine went ok for a day and we noticed a considerable improvement in the picture quality, the quality remains but now and again we get flicker/juddering and the sound issue is back with  avengeance, hope it works for you it didn't for us so we logged another call and we are waiting to hear from their repair partners in regards a swap out of the main board, can't wait it still drives me and my wife mad !

0 Likes
shurl77
Pathfinder
Options

How are the noise issues with your TV, I had an engineer attend and replace the main board 2 hrs later whilst watching TV we had the sound issue again, could have been a glitch so we are monitoring for the next day or so, be good to hear how your getting on, would be a great indication to me that the main board replacement is simply not the answer. Many thanks.

0 Likes
UserOz2020
First Poster
Options

Hi All, I am having sound issues also with my week old Q80T 55”.  Disney intermittently drops sound to both TV and amp.  Another issue I’m having is a chirping sound when entering and exiting Apps.  I’ve installed the latest firmware 1461.  Seems like lots of different issues reported with this model.

0 Likes
shurl77
Pathfinder
Options

Its worrying that we have purchased a dog, we are still monitoring ours for flicker and sound issues even though we have had a new Main Board fitted, concerned that the TV has a hard problem somewhere, we will be following up on our ticket in due course probably after New Year, for the time being we have a TV that is faulty and shall remain as such over Christmas, had this TV since October 2020 and in all honesty have not had a days/evening viewing without disruption.

0 Likes
Benjamin_Powell
First Poster
Options

We bought the Q80T recently and the sound is all over the place. It keeps going up and down. Has anyone managed to solve this yet?

0 Likes
shurl77
Pathfinder
Options

No resolution from me as yet !, have another Engineer visit booked for later today, will post once he has been..at the moment I still have juddering and that damned sound issue which ruins you viewing altogether. BTW you may be talking about the sound adaption where it will go up and down depending on the broadcast this can be turned off so you get what I call normal sound, sound - expert settings - auto volume, turn it on. The issue I have is that the sound goes off and then back on from all sources, drives us insane.

0 Likes
Benjamin_Powell
First Poster
Options

So, very strange but, we have auto updates on but when I went in manually it wasn’t up to date by quite some versions. I ran the update and the sounds seems fine now. Fingers crossed it behaves!

0 Likes
Edessi
Apprentice
Options

One advice: if you have a device as Xbox, try to connect to the USB on the console headphones. With our work, but still it does not solve the problem, is just to use it without driving you crazy 

0 Likes
LoinerPaul
Explorer
Options

So far the manual update to 1460.9 appears to be holding up.  We had a sound glitch whilst watching one programme but it appears to be better.  If it still continues over Christmas I think we’ll contact Samsung.

it’s just frustrating that we can’t replicate the fault at will.  Trying to demonstrate to a service engineer your intermittent sound issue is difficult.

I hope you all have a merry Christmas.

paul

0 Likes