Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q80T sound issue

(Topic created on: 26-01-2021 02:04 PM)
LoinerPaul
Explorer
Options

Hi,

Recently purchased a Q80 T.  Everything is living up to expectations apart from an intermittant sound problem.

The sound periodically cuts out, often several times a day.  This outage lasts no more than a second, however, it's now becoming a major distraction.

Software is up to date.   This happens irrespective of whether the sound is via. SkyQ box, ariel, tv speaker, or, with the Bose Soundbar, or a combination of the aforementioned units.   The Bose is connected via. ARC since there's no eARC facility.

I've tried various setting parameters which the supplier, Richer sounds, have suggested, and changed parameters on the skyQ box.   For the record the sound from the old Panasonic tv, SkyQ and the Bose soundbar was perfect.   I've performed a full reset on 2 occasions.   I'm now at a loss as to what to do next.   If anyone has any suggestions as to what I can try next I would be grateful.

Many Thanks in antisipation.

Loiner Paul

80 REPLIES 80
Salti
Apprentice
Options

I really hope it solves your problem. Check also your other end device. Make sure it has the latest sw, and try different display and audio settings on it. Also try “Signal Test”  under diagnosis menu.

0 Likes
sierra469
Student
Options

Looking forward to your post..

0 Likes
shurl77
Pathfinder
Options

Good morning all, I have now returned my Samsung TV and only today received a refund from Curry’s PCW, I am now the proud owner of a Sony, only a 48inch but I only have a small room, expensive but worth every penny, my family and I can now watch TV with NO juddering whatsoever, if you have this problem and you are in a position to have a return I strongly recommend you do so. I also engaged with Samsung UK about the dreadful experience with their product, I shall not mention any names as that would be unprofessional, at least someone has to be, anyway suffice it to say by the content of the email they simply did not give a *****, I do not intend to engage further with Samsung a waste of my breath and time. Finished with Curry’s PCW, they did not refund in a timely manner, and Samsung. I shall not purchase anything from either of them, they are a disgrace. Finally Samsung you have a software problem, put your hands up admit it and fix it. Good luck to you all.

0 Likes
LoinerPaul
Explorer
Options

Good Afternoon Shurl77,

All I can say is; good for you.

Our TV is still dropping sound only but not on a consistant basis.   It's liveable.

Like you I won't buy any Samsung product again.   I know that an individuals like you and me refusing to buy a manufacturers products won't mean anything in the grand scheme of things.   But, when indivivduals like me, who subscribe to the consumer magazine Which, start involving high profile consumer magazines, then the dynamics will shift.

I think I'll contact Which and see what they say.

Good luck with your new purchase.

LoinerPaul
Explorer
Options

If any Samsung moderators are reading this, would you, on behalf of Samsung, like to volunteer and step forward to help us resolve these issues?   This would help realign your disattisfied customer's views of Samsungs customer services and products.

Your challenge is, if you choose to accept, is to stand tall!

Paul M

0 Likes
Salti
Apprentice
Options

I bought from Costco and can return the TV anytime till end of Feb. I am currently not experinecing any issues, and I have shared with you what changes I made. I will wait till my new AVR arrives, if there are no problems, then of course I will keep the TV as I love the screen. If having any issues, then will return it, but honestly don't know what to buy instead. LG, Sony and every brand have some compatibiltiy issue with something - read reviews on other TVs. Mostly will go back to my old Samsung 🙂

0 Likes
shurl77
Pathfinder
Options

From what I have seen they don't read the damned things and if they do they ignore the content, not much use in having a forum then in my opinion.

0 Likes
shurl77
Pathfinder
Options

This email address is in the public domain so I do not feel that I am in any way unprofessional, suggest that you ALL send your complaints to this email address : *******, that may get Samsung moving on the other hand it probably wont !!!!. 

ukDOTpresidentATsamsung.com

0 Likes
shurl77
Pathfinder
Options

Thanks, we are enjoying TV as it should be, never had one evening when the damned thing did not play up, good riddance to it, will leave this forum soon can't see the point of staying but it would be great to see then end to this pathetic scenario before I go but very much doubt anyone will, they simply do not care, please also see my post in regards and email address directly to Samsung UK, I got a response but not particulary helpful to say the least, If everyone sends an email it may cause them to ADMT ITS THERE SOFTWARE !

0 Likes
marcocamarajr
Apprentice
Options

Update! Guys, not to say that I hadn't tried everything before asking for my money back, I called the cable company to change the set and guess what, end of the problem! It's already 6 days without any interruption in the audio.

0 Likes