Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q80T sound issue

(Topic created on: 03-01-2021 01:17 PM)
LoinerPaul
Explorer
Options

Hi,

Recently purchased a Q80 T.  Everything is living up to expectations apart from an intermittant sound problem.

The sound periodically cuts out, often several times a day.  This outage lasts no more than a second, however, it's now becoming a major distraction.

Software is up to date.   This happens irrespective of whether the sound is via. SkyQ box, ariel, tv speaker, or, with the Bose Soundbar, or a combination of the aforementioned units.   The Bose is connected via. ARC since there's no eARC facility.

I've tried various setting parameters which the supplier, Richer sounds, have suggested, and changed parameters on the skyQ box.   For the record the sound from the old Panasonic tv, SkyQ and the Bose soundbar was perfect.   I've performed a full reset on 2 occasions.   I'm now at a loss as to what to do next.   If anyone has any suggestions as to what I can try next I would be grateful.

Many Thanks in antisipation.

Loiner Paul

80 REPLIES 80
shurl77
Pathfinder
Options

It did stop some of the juddering but the sound issue remains. the engineer phoned me this afternoon, he is ordering a new power supply and will be in touch between xmas and the new year to replace, well with both the main board replaced and the power supply that equates to a brand new TV, asked him in regards if this does not stop the issue he just said lets wait and see. I have concerns its a build issue or software issue to be honest, however if the problem does persist I shall take the entire matter under advisement after contacting Samsung, hopefully it won't have to go that far. If my problems persist and after many attempts at rectification I shall ask for my money back, lets wait and see.....

0 Likes
Benjamin_Powell
First Poster
Options

The sound issue remains. We’re going to send back to Amazon for a refund! Shocking TV. 

0 Likes
shurl77
Pathfinder
Options

We still have the juddering and the sound issue, Engineer will contact me to replace the power board this time, and that is a completely new TV, Engineer stated that there was nothing more he could do, it's difficult to try and record a sound glitch that last for all of a second, or indeed the juddering, well if an Engineer needs to witness this he/she can camp out at mine and Samsung will have to pay the labour I am afraid simple as that...will see what happens when the power board is replaced but I have serious doubts, this is by far the worst experience I have had and it continues from October and we have not had one evening of pleasure  watching this TV, will post any updates I have as thing move forward, almost forgot we also has a batch of broken pixels on the screen on Xmas day, stayed there until I turned the TV off at the mains...something is really quite wrong with this TV of that I have no doubt. None of my Business but think you will find Amazon will just refer you to Samsung support as it is part of their warranty agreement, please let me know how you get on.

0 Likes
GenericInterwebs
Apprentice
Options

My Q80T was having the sound of drop out for five to eight seconds every 40 or so minutes before. In the last week, it started happening every 10 minutes now. It's incredibly frustrating. Because I've had the TV since June, they won't offer me a replacement just repairs. I'm hesitant to go through that because it doesn't seem to have worked for any of you. This is beyond frustrating and every time I contact them about it they tell me to reset the TV to factory settings and that does nothing. 

I've been a hardcore Samsung user for years now, but I think my next TV will be a Sony. I'm so, so over this. 

0 Likes
shurl77
Pathfinder
Options

Allow the repairs and follow the support path, under consumer law if the issue is not fixed you can go back to the retailer and get a new TV or a refund, not saying it will be an easy ride but it's something that must be done else you are left with a TV that is simply not fit for purpose. I am awaiting a replacement power board and will see what happens, I am exasperated and frustrated beyond words, still get the juddering, the sound problem just kicks off when it feels like it, this, purchased my machine in October and have not had one day's pleasure from the damned thing. Like you an ardent Samsung person think those days may well be over. What concerns me even more is that I thought having forums like this are to aid and assist Samsung in their endeavours to resolve issues that we as customers post or at the very least have an explanation for the issue from Samsung, all I see on here is a lot of complaints and no response(s) from Samsung, perhaps its just a place to vent our anger and frustration of abandonment.

LoinerPaul
Explorer
Options

Hi everybody,

Happy new year to you all.

Unfortunately the software update in early December hasn’t solved our intermittent sound issues.

I have captured the sound outage on my mobile so I’ll contact Samsung to log  the complaint.  With the number of posting on this topic regarding this I’m not hopeful of a solution.
I’ll keep you all informed.

0 Likes
shurl77
Pathfinder
Options

We are in the same boat and have been since October, we are awaiting the power board to be swapped out, Main board already replaced that didn't make an iota of difference after that if the swap out does not work its back to Curry's to get a refund, I am of the opinion that Samsung are very aware of the issue but cannot stop it so we as customers are abandoned as I have said before in past posts must be costing Samsung a fortune in replacement parts third party labour, don't think they care to be honest, TV's are probably a revenue stream they can afford to neglect. Shame on Samsung !.

0 Likes
Salti
Apprentice
Options

My 75" Q80T is still brand new and came with the latest SW. When it was connected to AVR initially, my AVR kept hanging and I blamed my old AVR and unpluged it. Then after using the TV speakers I started noticing the same sound cut off (every 40ish min for a sec). I tried to reset sound settings and disabled smart volume settings. I felt it improved things, but tonight I had the issue again for a second. Something is wrong for sure.

I contacted samsung chat support and they asked me to do power cycle- very silly solution, and they pushed back when I said this is a known issue and I expect more serious troubleshooting. They claimed it is not a known issue as per their system. What a quality product and service!!!

0 Likes
sierra469
Student
Options

I wish I would have seen these posts before I purchased this Samsung Q80T 4 months ago. It drives us nuts. Waste of money. 

0 Likes
shurl77
Pathfinder
Options

Engineer called 12/01/2021 from their third party and said that Samsung are saying there is something in my house that causes the juddering and flickering picture and the sound to go off and on intermittently, well I have swapped out the troublesome TV for the original and it works perfectly, also tried my other Son's TV and that works perfectly too, it's their software that is at fault and I truly believe they know it, trying it on probably with multiple customers, disgusting behavior !!!!