Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q80T sound issue

(Topic created on: 12-12-2020 02:43 PM)
LoinerPaul
Explorer
Options

Hi,

Recently purchased a Q80 T.  Everything is living up to expectations apart from an intermittant sound problem.

The sound periodically cuts out, often several times a day.  This outage lasts no more than a second, however, it's now becoming a major distraction.

Software is up to date.   This happens irrespective of whether the sound is via. SkyQ box, ariel, tv speaker, or, with the Bose Soundbar, or a combination of the aforementioned units.   The Bose is connected via. ARC since there's no eARC facility.

I've tried various setting parameters which the supplier, Richer sounds, have suggested, and changed parameters on the skyQ box.   For the record the sound from the old Panasonic tv, SkyQ and the Bose soundbar was perfect.   I've performed a full reset on 2 occasions.   I'm now at a loss as to what to do next.   If anyone has any suggestions as to what I can try next I would be grateful.

Many Thanks in antisipation.

Loiner Paul

80 REPLIES 80
Rache1
Student
Options

Hi Andrew - thank you for the suggestions.  I've done those things so fingers crossed - it isn't a constant problem so it might take a day or two to see if its ended but it certainly made the sound louder immediately!

shurl77
Pathfinder
Options

I had an Engineer turn out on Monday (7/12/2020), delightful chap, he reset the TV's motherboard, agreed with him to monitor the TV over the next few days maybe more, tried all sources and alas both the juddering and sound glitches remained, contacted Samsung support again, they informed me that a firmware update was available from the 08/12/2020, had to download the upgrade from Samsung's website, installed it on the TV, the judder is better, the sound (infuriating) seems less intermittent but is there, I am going to carry on monitoring over this weekend and if I should become unhappy I will again contact support with a view to another Engineer visit and a Main Board replacement, paid a great deal of money for this set and expect nothing but excellence, will post again in the event that I become discontent with the frequency of these issues. Lesson learnt on this occasion......The updates may not be directly available on your TV but may be on there website and you may need to download and run  the upgrade from a USB stick, I also suggest that Samsung find out why the upgrade was not available via the TV directly, another strange event. Take care all !

0 Likes
shurl77
Pathfinder
Options

Thought I would send you a copy of my post as you do sound as frustrated as I have been with this sound issue. Hope this helps.

I had an Engineer turn out on Monday (7/12/2020), delightful chap, he reset the TV's motherboard, agreed with him to monitor the TV over the next few days maybe more, tried all sources and alas both the juddering and sound glitches remained, contacted Samsung support again, they informed me that a firmware update was available from the 08/12/2020, had to download the upgrade from Samsung's website, installed it on the TV, the judder is better, the sound (infuriating) seems less intermittent but is there, I am going to carry on monitoring over this weekend and if I should become unhappy I will again contact support with a view to another Engineer visit and a Main Board replacement, paid a great deal of money for this set and expect nothing but excellence, will post again in the event that I become discontent with the frequency of these issues. Lesson learnt on this occasion......The updates may not be directly available on your TV but may be on there website and you may need to download and run  the upgrade from a USB stick, I also suggest that Samsung find out why the upgrade was not available via the TV directly, another strange event. Take care all !

0 Likes
shurl77
Pathfinder
Options

Hello, if its any help I had sky attend to my sky q box also, in that I had the dish re-aligned, the wiring replaced, a brand ne box and still had the same issues, I also found out (this is important), this issue also arises from any source !!!!, i.e. ITV Hub, BBC HUB, USB and Netflix through the TV and NOT the Sky Q box, therefore one may conclude that it's software on the TV or at worst a design fault with the electronics, if mine persists with this issue I shall deem the TV as Unfit for purpose and demand a refund, in any event following an upgrade on the 08/12 it should not have been sold with the picture judder issue and the sound issue in the first place !!!, good luck, let me know if you make progress, still monitoring mine and yes i still have the sound problem and samsung need to fix it !

0 Likes
LoinerPaul
Explorer
Options

ello,

As suggested by shurl77, I have  downloaded the software update (dated 8-12-2020, ver.1460.9) onto a USB.

Plugged it into the TV but, tried the download sequence, but it tells me it's up to date.  Current software on the Samsung is ver.1403.1

The usb now has a installer .log file added telling me that "SES path not found"   SES being "simple email service"

The .exe file is 1.56GB in size.

So,  does anyone know if this update needs access to any external server, or, should this 1.56GB file on the USB stick be a self contained update.

Samsung moderators could/should intervene at this point with advice.

Failing that it's back to Samsung.

Finally, thanks everyone for inputs and updates, it's been helpful.

Paul

0 Likes
LoinerPaul
Explorer
Options

Hello,

One thing I should have done before hitting the send button on my last post (apart from checking spelling and grammar), was to point out that we have found that there is a corralation between pausing and rewinding live TV, and DVD's, and the increase in sound outages.  If either of these actions are performed then there is a inceased likelyhood of the sound dropping.

This may be pure coincidence but it's one more thing that we have noticed regarding this fault.

Paul

0 Likes
shurl77
Pathfinder
Options

Hi, we get the sound off and sound on scenario whilst we are watching live TV no previous rewinds and when we get the outage we rewind and play and the sound is fine..another weird event but think this shows along with the tests from other  sources that it is either software or indeed hardware in either case samsung need to fix it or do a recall, samsung own this issue of that there is no doubt..

0 Likes
shurl77
Pathfinder
Options

I formatted my USB first, then moved the .exe and ran it, placed the USB in the TV port and I had no issues at all. The picture is clearer but the sound issues are STILL there, I will monitor this week if it occurs to many times its back to my ticket I am afraid, for a TV of this quality I expect excellence and from Samsung no sound glitches whatsoever, the pain this has caused in my household is unbelievable.

0 Likes
Edessi
Apprentice
Options

Hello everyone! 

I've obtained the replacement from the shop, I've got a brand new q80.

So far it looks great, no issues. We'll test it out better during the next couple of weeks, and I'll let you know if the problem occurs also in this one. So far, both audio and video are perfect, clean and very sharp. Is absolutely a superb product. If you can, try to get a new one, it really worth! 

0 Likes
shurl77
Pathfinder
Options

Good on you, I have again complained about the juddering and the sound issue which in all honesty has been a dreadful disappointment, support were helpful and they are sending an engineer to hopefully replace the main board which I guess is pretty well the same as a replacement, so just waiting now, I can't let this matter rest until I get a resolution, spent a fortune on this TV and expect it to at least do what it supposed to do. Hope all stays good for you...

0 Likes