Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q80T sound issue

(Topic created on: 02-12-2020 03:34 PM)
LoinerPaul
Explorer
Options

Hi,

Recently purchased a Q80 T.  Everything is living up to expectations apart from an intermittant sound problem.

The sound periodically cuts out, often several times a day.  This outage lasts no more than a second, however, it's now becoming a major distraction.

Software is up to date.   This happens irrespective of whether the sound is via. SkyQ box, ariel, tv speaker, or, with the Bose Soundbar, or a combination of the aforementioned units.   The Bose is connected via. ARC since there's no eARC facility.

I've tried various setting parameters which the supplier, Richer sounds, have suggested, and changed parameters on the skyQ box.   For the record the sound from the old Panasonic tv, SkyQ and the Bose soundbar was perfect.   I've performed a full reset on 2 occasions.   I'm now at a loss as to what to do next.   If anyone has any suggestions as to what I can try next I would be grateful.

Many Thanks in antisipation.

Loiner Paul

80 REPLIES 80
shurl77
Pathfinder
Options

So did you get a replacement set ?, if it does that its a hard fault if they cannot fix it they will have to replace it, assume its still under warranty, if you still have it of course.

0 Likes
LoinerPaul
Explorer
Options

Hi Everyone,

I've given up with Samsung.   I've come to the conclusion they have no idea what's wrong ref. this issue.

Our set is still playing up, but, we're just living with it.   Sometimes we can go days with no issue then suddenly it'll play up every 5-10 minutes.

I have already convinced myself that we're not going to change things bur we'll never buy another Samsung.

0 Likes
shurl77
Pathfinder
Options

I logged a call today for an Engineer visit, mine has started juddering (Picture) again and the sound continues to go off and on when it feels like it, my own opinion that if it continues I will declare it as unfit for purpose and demand a refund, thats the best way forward, just amazes me that some of the calls relating to the juddering and sound go back to 2018 and maybe beyond, don't stand for it !!!!

0 Likes
MattG2
First Poster
Options

I unpacked my Q80T yesterday and have same intermittent sound problem but only on the Virgin Media TV source - all other apps seem ok. Will try changing hdmi ports and leads and let you know if that helps. 

0 Likes
shurl77
Pathfinder
Options

Swapped out my HDMI leads, sound issue still arises, good luck if you should get a resolution please let me know, its distracting to say the very least.

0 Likes
MattG2
First Poster
Options

I moved hdmi lead from port 1 to port 4 yesterday and that seems to have done the job.  

0 Likes
LoinerPaul
Explorer
Options

Hi MattG

Tried that and it still didn't work. After a few days it started to drop sound again.

Please let us know if, in a few weeks, it's still working fine,

Paul

0 Likes
shurl77
Pathfinder
Options

Been through the HDMI route but to no avail, Engineer on Monday7th so will see what happens, the sound issue drives me insane to be honest, was told by support that the sound goes on and off when the TV gets hot and the software does a screen refresh, well my answer to that is WHAT !, can't find that response in my live chat email either, somewhat bizarre ! to say the very least.

0 Likes
Rache1
Student
Options

I got my tv a week ago and we have  a sound problem - it doesn't totally cut out but goes louder and quieter with no apparent reason. We can be watching a program and the sound gets loud and fades. I'm desperate for a solution. 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Rache1: If you head to Settings > General > Intelligent Mode Settings > Adaptive Volume, and disable this feature if it's active, does this help at all? Furthermore, if you navigate to Settings > Sound > Expert Settings > Auto Volume, and disable this option, do you notice an improvement? 

0 Likes