Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q80T "screen tearing" under given conditions

(Topic created on: 08-11-2020 07:42 PM)
hastyclam
Journeyman
Options

Having the same exact issue as described in this support thread, but on another model, the Q80T 49".

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Qled-and-Frame/Q90T-Screen-Tearing-with-Game-Mode-On-at-1440p/td...

In the case in the link, the problem was solved by changing the refresh rate, but I have the 49" version with no 120hz option.

My graphics card is an RTX 2060 on a 49inch Samsung Q80T 4K TV with maximum refresh rate of 60hz. Have tried different resolutions.

The line at the bottom of the screen is continually delayed from the rest of the screen whenever my PC is using the TV as display with Game Mode on. It’s not random flickering like "normal" screen-tearing. The problem can be seen on the link below.

Screen tearing video 

Hope someone can help

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Michael388
First Poster
Options

65 q80t the same problem. 120hz solves this problem

0 Likes
RouDeR
Pathfinder
Options

Try to set refreshrate to 59 or overclock the panel to 61, might help you out with the issue

0 Likes
hastyclam
Journeyman
Options

Hey! Thanks for the replies. Samsung support changed the TV’s motherboard. Didn’t help. I did however manage to solve this on my own by spending more on a higher quality HDMI cable.

0 Likes
Michael388
First Poster
Options

Tried it, doesn't work

0 Likes
Cool_Sky
Student
Options

The problem of Screen Tearing at 1440P has been present since years in Samsung TVs... whether Q60 ..Q80 or Q90....

I have been waiting for an update for a long time...still Samsung has not provided any solution...

Also few things I learned and the SOLUTION till any Update..

--> Screen Tearing is ONLY present in 1440P and ONLY when GAME MODE is turned ON..

--> With GAME MODE OFF... there is NO TEARING...

-->If You want GAME Mode ON with No Tearing at 1440P then the BEST solution is :

---> Go to NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL --> Adjust Desktop Size and Position --> and Set PERFORM GPU SCALING on GPU ( NOT DISPLAY ).

Hope they release the update soon..

Original Thread --->  https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/q60t-screen-tearing-at-1440p/m-p/3723156

0 Likes