Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q80t high pitched whine noise - Samsung does not care about customers

(Topic created on: 07-10-2022 06:41 PM)
sammysungsux
Apprentice
Options

I have an extremely annoying high pitched whine that occurs when the TV is in game mode using my Xbox XS. I reported it to Samsung in February (under warranty) and had a tech come three different times. First time he replaced the mother board (didn't work), second time replaced the power supply (didn't work), third time replaced the display. After replacing the display, the noise had gone away. I don't play the Xbox often (I won it) and when I turned it on 7 months later, the noise was back. I called again and they informed me it was out of warranty but after explaining it was the same issue, they had a tech come at no charge. The tech replaced the motherboard again and it still made the noise. Samsung issued an exchange number and called me to inform me I would only a prorated amount as a refund ($500 less than I paid 14 months ago). I escalated it to the "Office of the President" and Milargos still refused to refund the full amount even though I reported the problem during my warranty period and it still had not been fixed. I am extremely frustrated since it is a major hassle to take down and put up the TV since I can not do it myself. So now I must figure out how to get it down, then they pick it up, I only get a partial refund, and I have to buy and mount a new TV.  Does anyone know how to fix this? It blows my mind they are willing to loose a loyal customer over $500.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You say they don't care but they've done more than I expected for you. So I don't think that's totally fair.
A warranty has a legal time limit set. So once passed that, they won't be liable. But still sent someone out.

Wonder if there's some sort of feedback through the TV that is happening after a while.
If this is happening to you, I'm sure others have experienced similar
Could be the way the leads have been run. May need to be screened or filtered stuff
Maybe one of the X-Box communities can have an idea as it's quite a specific issue.
It's likely to happen with other TVs, so a further inquiry would be needed before you go to that expense.
Could even be with the X-Box console has an issue. That's why I mention one of the X-Box community's
0 Likes
sammysungsux
Apprentice
Options

It's not the Xbox. Multiple people have had the same issue with the TV, even when not using the Xbox. It is something to do with when the higher refresh rate is used. Also tried different wires, same result. My major gripe is that they don't honor their warranty because they are saying the ticket submitted during warranty was closed and that it was not reported AGAIN until after the warranty period (2 months after). Bottom line is that it was reported during warranty and was never resolved.

0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I fully understand what you are saying about the warranty.
I worked in an industry that dealt with warranty repairs. Once they replaced the screen and fixed the fault initially. The issue would have been closed by the third-party insurance company.
So further issues will be on a new ticket and deemed a new repair
As annoyingly frustrating as this will be. Unfortunately, this is how insurance companies work
I would definitely seek further advice from a community that deals with X-Box
Sounds like some issue with the refresh rate of the X Box and the TV from your description
Make sure they are off the same power supply and possibly fit filters for both
Without actually being there, it's difficult to tell
Blind_Marv
Pathfinder
Options
I used to have a whine noise when my tv was on, but I cured it by divorcing her !
0 Likes