Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q80T HDR VRR Issue Black crushing in game mode.

(Topic created on: 09-11-2020 05:27 PM)
AlexandreL
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have a Samsung Q80T 75 inch

When I use VRR + HDR in game mode the quality of the black are all crushed and it's almost impossible to play. The algorithm for the HDR completely crush all the black and there is no nuance anymore in the constrast. It's seems gama adjustment are completely destroyed when using VRR in HDR Game Mods.

I have view many others having this issue.

I am very disappointed. Any solution?

Please don't tell me to turn off game mode... We pay this price on a TV to use those advantage marketed by Samsung...

Référence : Watch "Best TV for Xbox Series X Gaming + Winning TV Giveaway!" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/xjee0qoDwJ4

20201106_102557.jpg

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26
psychrage
Apprentice
Options

I can confirm this. VRR is useless for me as blacks are crushed, and shadow detail is minimal.

0 Likes
mjnichol
First Poster
Options

I also have this issue. Deep black levels are elevated and there is very little difference between them. Darker scenes look really bad. I think the bright whites are also lower than they should be, at least in HDR (but not crushed like the blacks).

Not sure how it's hard for Samsung to get this right--they've had VRR in their sets for years.

0 Likes
jayh89
Helping Hand
Options

New update out 1403. Not sure if fixes this. 

0 Likes
mjnichol
First Poster
Options

Unfortunately, no.

0 Likes
Charlyiii
Student
Options

I have the same problem. This is a black screen in game Mode and VRR on with Series X...

IMG_20201126_124534.jpg

0 Likes
CAB_Life
Apprentice
Options

Exact same issue, three weeks later and this has NOT been fixed at all. Very disappointed and will be returning the set. 

0 Likes
Charlyiii
Student
Options

I am tented to return, but i like this TV. I Hope Samsung fix this issue early with a firmware uptade.

0 Likes
Sarlexz
First Poster
Options

Hi, mine looks exactly like that too! It gets a little better with contrast enhancer set to high tho.. But a thing that worries me a bit is that I see nearly the same pattern as game mode + contrast enhancer set to high when i restart my tv and the "QLED" screen comes up. (You do that by holding down the power button on the controller until it starts again automatically)

Pic 1: black screen in game mode with contrast enhancer off.

Pic 2: black screen with contrast enhancer set to high

Pic 3: Boot logo screen

game mode + contrast enhancer offgame mode + contrast enhancer offgame mode and contrast enhancer highgame mode and contrast enhancer highBoot up logoBoot up logo

0 Likes
Charlyiii
Student
Options

If you turn off VRR in Game Mode you should look fine black, muy problem is when i turn on VRR. I Will try with QLED screen.

Edit: I can confirm that in QLED screen show the same bad black pattern. I was think the problema was with VRR, but this break my theory...

0 Likes