Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q80T Cannot connect to 5Ghz Wifi

(Topic created on: 26-04-2021 10:21 AM)
PawelMerlin
Pioneer
Options

I'm using router that have both 2ghz and 5ghz wifi. All devices except Q80T in home connect successfully to both only Q80T can't connect to 5ghz (2ghz with same router has no problem). Distance TV to router is 3 meters (about 10 feets) and this is only router in my home so no interference.

Is this common problem? 

4 REPLIES 4
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
What error do you get, does it say wrong password, does it connect to the router but not to the Internet?
0 Likes
PawelMerlin
Pioneer
Options

No much of error. It just says "Connecting to wireless network was unsuccessful". I have the same password as in 2ghz network and tried it few times to make sure I put it correctly.

0 Likes
Members_Wlo9cSg
First Poster
Options

Same here

Dubaidogfish
Apprentice
Options

Did anyone every get this working? My Q80T 85" has never been able to see 5GHz WiFi connections. Manually adding it  says cannot connect. I've had 2 routers in the time have owned it, (thought a TV firmware update would fix it at some point but it never happened) both dual channel, one Dlink one TPlink AX6600. I read on pre 2019 TVs you have to lower the 5Ghz channel to 40 or below as it can't see 100 for example, even though this is a later tv I've set it to 36 and it still can't see it. If I use WPS it just opts for 2.4ghz too. I guess not critical as the TV can't seem to download very fast anyway, my wired connection is 900mbps and best the Samsung browser can pull into the TV is 90mbps according to their browser app. Pretty lame considering the fortune it cost me.

0 Likes