Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q80R not recognising PlayStation 5.

(Topic created on: 15-04-2021 02:39 PM)
Gary6781
First Poster
Options

My Q80R TV (https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/QE55Q80RATXXU/) currently doesn't recognise my PS5 as "PlayStation 5" - it only recognises it as "Game Console". It recognises my PS4 as "PlayStation 4", though. It also doesn't turn on Game Mode automatically like it does for my PS4 (the "Auto" option is greyed out) so I have to turn it on manually. Can anybody tell me if this is a Sony issue or a Samsung issue, please? My TV has the latest firmware available and so does my PS5. I am guessing either the PS5 isn't sending the right signal to the TV for it to go in to Game Mode automatically or the TV just doesn't recognise the signal, but I am not 100% sure as I can't find anywhere the exact requirements for the Auto setting in Game Mode? I don't think it's anything to do with ALLM either as the PS4 doesn't do ALLM to my knowledge yet the TV changes to Game Mode automatically.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
godtrunks
Pioneer
Options
Maybe a more advanced hdmi cable could help you with that?
0 Likes
Gary6781
First Poster
Options

I've used both the HDMI cable that came with the PS5 and a shiny new HDMI 2.1 cable and whilst both of them work fine neither of them has helped with this issue. 😞

0 Likes
godtrunks
Pioneer
Options
Maybe is a pa5 issue?
0 Likes
Gary6781
First Poster
Options

Possibly. That's what I'm trying to get to the bottom of. 🙂

0 Likes
Rad0slav
Apprentice
Options

I have the same with Q77TA  - from my point of view Samsung need to push Update, PS5 issue - definitely not, nor cable issue, if there is someone from Samsung can we have opinion? thx

0 Likes
Gary6781
First Poster
Options

I've been asked to select an "Accepted Solution", but I've had no solution to this issue. Are there any further thoughts? Can somebody from Samsung comment, please?

0 Likes