Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q800T 82" DSE issues and pixalation of non-HD content on Sky

(Topic created on: 21-12-2020 01:32 PM)
sunil_8KQ800T82
Student
Options

Dear all,

I have taken delivery of the 8K Q800T 82" TV 5 weeks ago, I have noticed the TV is suffering from DSE effect, esp when watching a light background ( on Sky National Geographic Animal programmes or anything with the sky or snow white background ) and camera panning across, I also noticed that when watch the old channels on Sky that are not HD the TV seems to suffer from pixilation and to be honest looks horrible maybe faulty upscaling???

I have bought new HDMI cables, also bought a power conditioner and tried various settings, its still the same!

Has anyone else noticed or suffering from this?

I have contacted Samsung Customer Service they said the TV is due for a software update, my current software is 4106 there is NO new update at the moment and I dont believe these issues will be resolved by a "software" update

can anyone else who owns this particular TV let me know if this is "normal" or is my TV faulty ....

thank you

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Peterf4162
Apprentice
Options
I have a white lines and grey squares on my q800t 65 inch model. A samsung tv repair engineer said it still within spec and a known problem on the model. Did you resolve the issue?
0 Likes
sunil_8KQ800T82
Student
Options

Hi, No I still have this issues, suppose I have just accepted it, I just try to avoid watching anything that is not HD to avoid the pixelation and the poor upgrading of non HD channels 

0 Likes