Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q80 keeps losing signal on BBC HD and I have to retune

(Topic created on: 04-05-2020 08:46 PM)
LiamL
Apprentice
Options

I have a 55" Q80 and all is well except that it keeps losing signal on my HD Freeview channels like BBC HD. They still appear in the guide and channel list but when I select them I get the No Signal error screen. If I retune it, then it finds all the channels including the HD ones and the signal is perfect. I've checked the self diagnosis and it even says signal strength of 100%. I appreciate this can fluctuate but why does the telly seem to get into a state where it no longer has the channel working. It's very frustrating and happens on average every 2-3 days. Once it happens it won't recover by itself and I have to retune again. The firmware is up to date. Please help?

15 REPLIES 15
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi @LiamL

Does this only happen with specific HD Freeview channels? Can you also please confirm which country you're based?

Could you also confirm the current firmware version your TV is running? You can find the information in Menu > Support > Contact Samsung.
0 Likes
LiamL
Apprentice
Options

It seems to happen to all the HD channels I have checked (I have not checked them all). But included are BBC1 HD, ITV HD and Channel 4 HD. I'm based in Surrey, UK.

It's the most up-to-date firmware. I checked.

0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Cheers for that.

Can you reset the TV by follow the steps on the guide below, and let me know if you still experience the same issue after this? http://spr.ly/6186EGY6K
S_Newton
Journeyman
Options

i have the same issue did the factory reset fix the issue 

0 Likes
LiamL
Apprentice
Options

Not initially, it lost signal again after the reset. But after re-tuning a couple of times since then, it does seem to have settled down on its own now. I'd say the reset is worth a go, it may have helped, but I'm sorry I can't confirm that it did. Also make sure the Firmware/Software is updated.

0 Likes
S_Newton
Journeyman
Options

Ok thanks I'll give it a try. 

0 Likes
RichardOsborn
First Poster
Options

We also have the same problem with our Samsung TV - not sure if it is a Freeview/Signal issue or a Samsung issue?

0 Likes
S_Newton
Journeyman
Options
I have switched off standby auto tuning. So far so good 🤞
0 Likes
RichardOsborn
First Poster
Options

Thanks - that could be a good call. I will give that a try.

0 Likes