Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Q7FN HDMI resolution indicator not updating

(Topic created on: 02-04-2020 05:20 AM)
caboomgr
Pioneer
Options

Hello,

When using HDMI inputs (ex. PC), when you press the OK button, on the top right part of the screen, it shows the resolution that you are currently using.

I have noticed that when I change resolutions, ex. going from 1080p 120Hz to 4k 60Hz, or whatever small change you might do, the indication does not change. So, I might be running my PC on 4k 60Hz and the indication still shows 1080p 60 Hz from the previous setting that I had when I first turned on the TV. And the only way to see the current resolution is to actually turn off the TV and turn it back on again.

I confirm that the same problem existed with the Q7 2017 model because I actually had one a while ago.

Is there a workaround or a fix? I am using latest firmware 1202.

Regards

51 REPLIES 51
ChuckNoob
Student
Options
I have the same problem on the Q8FN 82 with version 1290. The workaround I use...

I use a programmable remote with direct input switching buttons so not sure if this helps everyone, but if I hit the input button again, the info on the banner updates to the correct information.
0 Likes
smp1
Explorer
Options

This issue is due to a buggy "Instant On" feature. In service menu disable "Instant On" and "Always Instant On Support". The resolution/refresh info will work correctly after that.

Beeswax
Explorer
Options
Thanks smp1, makes sense seeing as I can always fix this by hard rebooting my TV (holding down the power button). How do I get into the Service Menu to disable this and does doing that still void the warranty?
0 Likes
smp1
Explorer
Options

I don't remember the key combination that worked, google it. I think it is "POWER (off) - INFO - MENU - MUTE - POWER (on)"

If you have a smartphone with a built-in IR you can use this app to get into the menu.

I don't think it would affect the warranty unless you explicitly tell them that you messed around with the Service Menu.

The submenu you are looking for should look something like this:

Samsung-NU8009-Option-MRT-Option

caboomgr
Pioneer
Options

Hello @smp1 ,

Thank you for the info. However most of us don't have an IR remote controll and recent new phones have discontinued IR so it's kinda difficult to open the service menu but I have seen a technician open this with a simple samsung remote for older TV's.

Can you give us some more info about what side-effects the TV will have after we disable "Instant On" and "Always Instant On Support" ? Can I assume that after this setting, the TV will never go in stand-by mode and will always completely power off? I have noticed that even when I completely power-off the TV, when I turn it back on, the resolution indicator works just fine for a while and after a few hours it gets broken again.

Regards

0 Likes
smp1
Explorer
Options

@caboomgr wrote:

Hello @smp1 ,

Can I assume that after this setting, the TV will never go in stand-by mode and will always completely power off?

It will go into an "old-style" stand-by mode. So yes, it will be pretty much completely powered off.  The start-up time will be a bit slower.

0 Likes
nios91
Student
Options

I have the same problem on my 2018 Samsung 55" Q9F. I don't understand why Samsung is not able to fix this bug in the software. It can't be that hard?

0 Likes
Shurik14312
First Poster
Options

Disable instant on fix resolution and fix all CEC problem! But new problem is that remote stop work througth bluetooth only IR until tv  starts

I dont uderstand why Samsung support dont fix this,  CEC and Arc work terribly whith instant on function

0 Likes
smp1
Explorer
Options

@Shurik14312 wrote:

I dont uderstand why Samsung support dont fix this,  CEC and Arc work terribly whith instant on function

I don't understand it either. The issue is very obvious and easy to reproduce. It looks like they don't even bother to properly test their firmware.

nios91
Student
Options

Does anybody know if this still is a problem in Samsungs 2020 Qled models?

0 Likes