Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q7F Judders and white flashes

(Topic created on: 29-08-2018 11:05 AM)
Phil12
Voyager
Options

Hi

Getting more annoyed with our Q7F TV, we were hoping some firmware updates would improve things but that hasn't happened.

1) White flashes, every now again, sometimes a few minutes apart, sometimes hours apart, on a scene transition there is a brilliant white flash, i.e. the screen shows for a fraction of a second or perhaps a single frame, a complete white screen.  This happens from all sources and is random but usually always at an edit, going back and playing the same part again it doesn't happen, its as though the TV can't process quick enough over a cut.

2) Judders, typically on pans, at the start of the pan the picture will freeze for a couple of frames then jump and catch up, this is often repeatable but not always.

We've tried changing various motion settings and judder reduction settings which have done nothing to stop the problems.

Are these problems happening for everyone on these TVs?

Regards

Phil

61 REPLIES 61
Phil12
Voyager
Options

Hi

I've got the lasted 1240 firmware now on my Q7F TV and switched back to movie mode to test for flashes in the thin hope it might be fixed.

Anyway couldn't watch it in that mode as the posterisation over peoples faces made it look like they were made of plastic, with highlights completely blown out, and when others in the family mention it straight away I know it's not my imagination or me being fussy.  So we switched back to Natural mode  that doesn't have this issue.  It might be some other settings like contrast need turning down when in Movie mode, but as that mode is suppose to be set up pretty good out the box and hasn't been adjusted, it shouldn't have this obvious issue.  So looks like more bugs introduced than fixed, what a surprise.

Samsung, your TVs and quality control is truely shocking, you deserve your TV sales dropping like a stone.  Where is the beta testing, calibration checks, and release notes on your firmware so we can identify what change may have broken something to feed back constructively.   Tumble weed passes.....

My first 4K TV is a Samsung, never again.

Regards 

Phil

Rymaan
Explorer
Options

Its mad to see how many people have issues with their tvs across a range of models like the KS, MU & Q series so far that I have seen. The US forum is also full of these issues with no real resolution, ive had nothing but issues with my MU7000  since buying it back in March and not once since has the tv operated without some issue or fault.

Their support mean while well thats just another story, nice to see Samsung MODs so active (or should I say lack of) in this forum as well at the same time...... :ok-hand:, sums up their support. I too hope they are impacted in sales because of their poor quality control, testing and just how bad their TVs have become. Back to Sony or LG for my next purchase and never one of their products again.

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Rymaan wrote:

Its mad to see how many people have issues with their tvs across a range of models like the KS, MU & Q series so far that I have seen. The US forum is also full of these issues with no real resolution, ive had nothing but issues with my MU7000  since buying it back in March and not once since has the tv operated without some issue or fault.

Their support mean while well thats just another story, nice to see Samsung MODs so active (or should I say lack of) in this forum as well at the same time...... :ok-hand:, sums up their support. I too hope they are impacted in sales because of their poor quality control, testing and just how bad their TVs have become. Back to Sony or LG for my next purchase and never one of their products again.

I hope you have reported this fault to your retailer?  

Under the consumer regs within the first 6 months you are obligated to allow 2 attempts at fixing it then you are entitled  to a full refund. 

It really does sound like a faulty set,  and it is the retailers responsibility not the manufacturer. 

Paul

0 Likes
NewtonUK
First Poster
Options

Well, that went differently than I expected. My retailer bounces support back to Samsung, who I've just been in contact with (again), and they're sending an engineer out to repair the set.

First time one came with a replacement screen and the second time they replaced the mainboard, so god knows what they'll replace now.

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@NewtonUK wrote:

Well, that went differently than I expected. My retailer bounces support back to Samsung, who I've just been in contact with (again), and they're sending an engineer out to repair the set.

First time one came with a replacement screen and the second time they replaced the mainboard, so god knows what they'll replace now.

Under the 2015 European consumer law wirhinthe first 6 months you only have to except 2 repair attempts. After that you are within your rights to reject and ask for a full refund. 

Don't let them fob you off. 

Paul

0 Likes
NewtonUK
First Poster
Options

They did say this would be the last attempt as there are two distinct issues and (technically) it's out of its 12 month warranty, but as the issues that were reported within warranty haven't been resolved...

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@NewtonUK wrote:

They did say this would be the last attempt as there are two distinct issues and (technically) it's out of its 12 month warranty, but as the issues that were reported within warranty haven't been resolved...

As long as you first reported it within the warranty period then not an issue,  as it can take ages for things to get fixed. If you look on the ks owners refund more info thread there is a which link which may be useful. 

Paul

0 Likes
Rymaan
Explorer
Options

Thanks @paul1277 for the information, Ive had my mainboard, one connect box and one connect cable replaced in one visit (which got rid of the colour flashes), but now I have had a black screen issue on a 4k device (which has been replaced and confirmed by the manufacturer that its a tv fault as the replacement unit has the same issue). Ive had Samsung out last week for the 2nd time to try and resolve the black screen issue only to apply a mainboard firmware update which hasnt fixed the problem. I may just cut my loses and go to the retailer, does that constitute technically as 2 repairs? 

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Rymaan wrote:

Thanks @paul1277 for the information, Ive had my mainboard, one connect box and one connect cable replaced in one visit (which got rid of the colour flashes), but now I have had a black screen issue on a 4k device (which has been replaced and confirmed by the manufacturer that its a tv fault as the replacement unit has the same issue). Ive had Samsung out last week for the 2nd time to try and resolve the black screen issue only to apply a mainboard firmware update which hasnt fixed the problem. I may just cut my loses and go to the retailer, does that constitute technically as 2 repairs? 

Two visits is all you need to accept. Interesting you say this is the last attempt, so what are they offering as a resolution. Don't accept anything less than a full refund and you could also ask for compensation for loss of use and time. Could get you a decent deal on a new telly. 

Paul

0 Likes
NewtonUK
First Poster
Options

They said last repair before they would escalate, so if this doesn't fix it then I assume it will be refund time.

0 Likes