Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q7F Judders and white flashes

(Topic created on: 21-06-2020 07:04 PM)
Phil12
Voyager
Options

Hi

Getting more annoyed with our Q7F TV, we were hoping some firmware updates would improve things but that hasn't happened.

1) White flashes, every now again, sometimes a few minutes apart, sometimes hours apart, on a scene transition there is a brilliant white flash, i.e. the screen shows for a fraction of a second or perhaps a single frame, a complete white screen.  This happens from all sources and is random but usually always at an edit, going back and playing the same part again it doesn't happen, its as though the TV can't process quick enough over a cut.

2) Judders, typically on pans, at the start of the pan the picture will freeze for a couple of frames then jump and catch up, this is often repeatable but not always.

We've tried changing various motion settings and judder reduction settings which have done nothing to stop the problems.

Are these problems happening for everyone on these TVs?

Regards

Phil

61 REPLIES 61
StungBySam
Explorer
Options

They sent me a brand new TV! No fixes, patches or other solutions.

0 Likes
nvmd
First Poster
Options

I'm having this issue with the TU7000, though it's the Brazilian version, the UN55TU7000GXZD. I went with movie mode because it was the same setting used on rtings for their review, I'll try switching to other modes to see if the issue goes away. Anyway, just a reminder to not buy Samsung again, because if an issue lingering for over 2 years across multiple series isn't evidence enough they don't give a *****, I don't know what is.

0 Likes