Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q7f firmware updated, but page and release not changed

(Topic created on: 03-01-2018 10:11 AM)
roydonaldson
Journeyman
Options

Hi there,

My Samsung Q7F had been running the latest release 1151.1 from November, which is what is the latest release on the website:  http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/QE49Q7FAMTXXU

However, I noticed that even though the download link still says 1151.1, the release date has changed to 27 Dec.

I downloaded the firmware update file and it is a new 1155.1 release that is now downloadable.

It looks like someone has uploaded the new 1155.1 file on the 27 Dec and forgotten to change the text on the download link to match the release they have just uploaded.

There are no release notes, nor any details on what has been fixed / updated.

Roy.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
roydonaldson
Journeyman
Options
It looks like the page has now been updated and has the correct release text to match the download.

However there are still no releases notes detailing what has been updates and/or issues resolved in the release ?
0 Likes
Phil12
Voyager
Options

Hi

Samsung never bother with real release notes which seems crazy and very customer unfriendly.  We need to know what is fixed and what is new.

My TV is my first Samsung product, I will not be too keen to buy another as I find their support and lack of information and openness very odd.

Regards

Phil

daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

Wait until your tv gets to around 12 months old and they will never release any more updates for it or claim that such and such a feature cannot be done.

valleyboy22
Voyager
Options

any judder or blurr improvement on this update?

0 Likes
thecaretaker
Explorer
Options

The Samsung Q7F update 1155.1 didn't fix iplayer or my5 which are still producing the 02001 error.

valleyboy22
Voyager
Options

Hi, 

Did not fix my problems to. Been told to get a higher refresh rate tv for the blur, so looking to upgrade the Samsung to the 120hz version. 

Phil12
Voyager
Options

Hi

We notice a lot of judder and issues with motion.  Often frames get repeated or a couple of frames seem to get swapped and show in the wrong order.  Often these are around edit points or at the start of a camera pan.  Also what seem to be a single white frame is sometimes inserted at edit points, like it's got it confused, so you see a quick white flash.  This white frame insertion seems to happen more on streaming services like Amazon.

Artifacts also seem more noticable than they were on the Panasonic TV this TV replaced (which also had interpolation to help motion blur), I know it's hard to avoid artifacts completely, and it might just be because the TV screen is bigger they are more noticable.  However the judders that are introduced seem to be a bug in the processing.

Overall the QLED panel is really good, but the engineering behind the electronics leaves a lot to be desired.  We wouldn't buy a Samsung TV again.  It makes it worse that Samsung don't acknowledge any of these sorts of issues or tell you what their firmware is fixing.  For all we know all the updates are doing is adding more advertising or data collection and not actually fixing anything at all.

Regards

Phil

valleyboy22
Voyager
Options

We opted for the curve tv, but many issues with picture and slight juddering which I was not happy with. 

I sent it back and upgraded it to the HDR 1000 120hz model flat screen, which If I am honest is hell of a lot better. Opera effect gone and stutter is slight there but unless u look for it then you can't notice it.